It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

want2beamama HB User
sunburn at 26 weeks

I spent my last day off before retunring to work on the beach with my Mom. It was beautiful and relaxing day, unfortunately my legs got really sunburned. Only the front b/c I can't lay on my belly. Anyway, I am staying hydrated and used aloe vera to soothe my skin. I also took one tylenol to help ease the pain. I read (too late) that you can be more sensitive to the sun when pregnant. I used sunblock everywhere, but I did get my legs wet in the ocean and didn't reapply there. (foolish, I know)
Can this affect my baby? Should I call my doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: sunburn at 26 weeks

i looked this up cuz i wasnt sure but have been wondering about it since i tend to burn easily. it said that since the sunburn is on your legs and not on your belly then everything should be fine. the main threat is dehydration so just drink a lot of water. it also said that with the aloe lotion to make sure it doesnt contain a large amount of vitamin A as too much of this can be harmful to the baby. try putting cold clothes on it instead or taking a cool bath too ease the pain rather then excessively using the aloe. you may wanna call the dr just to see if they have any more suggestions to make you more comfortable, but as for complications i think you should be ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: sunburn at 26 weeks

The chemicals in the sun block and other lotions are harmful to all of us in general. If you want to heal the sunburn, you need to find a pure vitamin E oil. It is usually sold in a small bottle, only a few ounces and it is a thick oil, sometimes you can find it in the vitamin aisle. The vitamin E will provide nutrients to the burn that helps to begin the healing process.

Closed Thread