It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Pain on one side at 8 weeks

Hi everyone,
This is my 3rd pregnancy (2nd ended in m/c at 7w), and I've never before felt this pain.
Earlier today, I was going about my normal household chores (which include chasing around a 13.5 mo), when I very suddenly felt a sharp pain almost right beside my right hip (lower abdomin), and it continued to radiate all through my hip (front and back), and it went down to my knee. It was quite painful, although I wouldn't say excruciating. This lasted probably about 10 minutes, and the pain didn't seem to subside very much, however when it went away it was completely gone, and it hasn't been back (it's been a couple hours). I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever in this pregnancy, and all has been going along very normally. So, since feeling the pain I've been thinking that it could've been a muscle cramp perhaps, it felt quite similar, but I'm still worried about it. Any ideas as to what this could've been? When I went to my doctor to confirm the pregnancy (around 5.5 weeks), I had been having some menstral-like cramping, so I mentioned this and he said as long as it doesn't seem to be off to one side only, he wasn't concerned. It wasn't at the time, but after this episode, it worries me a little.

Whiskers

Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: Pain on one side at 8 weeks

That sounds like siatic or round ligament pain. It is the ligaments that run up the sides of the uterus and they are stretched during pregnancy as it is, so when there is a sudden movement, it kinda goes into a solid spasm. This has happened to me often, just yesterday in fact on the same side. I am 34 weeks now, but started long long ago!
If you are still concerned you should talk with your Dr.
Best of luck to you!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
(female)

amanda26 HB User

Hey fellow February mom: I too get that if I stand up really fast or twist around quickly. It is usually pretty mild but once in a while it will almost take your breath, and definately stops you in your tracks. Like the previous post said, I think it is just round ligament pain, your uterus is stretching etc. Totally normal. I have also had some TMI.. really BAD gas pains that hurt extremely, like food poisoning or something, but they go away w/ in few seconds. Hope this helps.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i had this when i was in my first trimester too. if i would stand up after sitting for a long time i would have to bend back over and wait for the pain to subside. it would also happen if i was laying down and sneezed. i had to hurry up and curl up my knees or sit up before it came out or i would get a horrible pain. its just ligaments. there not used to holding something that big. it seemed to get better for me in the 2nd trimester but now that i have started my third i have read that it comes back its definately not fun but its not dangerous either. Just dont over do it. if you feel them stretching and its uncomfortable stop. i over did it and i was in so much pain that i was on the floor crying cuz i couldnt move from pulling it too much. i literally couldnt even change positions without tearing up. it took me forever to finally make it to the car cuz i couldnt walk. i went to the er cuz i thought i had done something bad but it was just an overstretched ligament and i was just told to take it easy that it doesnt hurt the baby at all it just hurts you.

Last edited by sg1112; 07-01-2008 at 08:21 AM.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Thank you so much for the replies! I feel MUCH better after reading those.
I have had some ligament pain on either sides of my uterus in all my pregnancies, but nothing like that one! I guess I must've just moved the wrong way. I'll try to take it easy!

Whiskers

Closed Thread