It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User
May Mommies (postpartum)

HOW ARE ALL MY MAY MOMMIES. I'M STARTING TO GET THE HANG OF THINGS. LEILA IS GETTING SO BIG. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS. I'M DEBATING IF I SHOULD GO ON THE "MINI PILL". I HEARD IT CAN EFFECT YOUR MILK SUPPLY. I HOPE ALL IS WELL AND YOU ARE ALL ENJOYING YOU LITTLE ONES.

Last edited by Mod08; 07-01-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Please read posting rules: Do not use capital letters. Thank you.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User
Re: May Mommies (postpartum)

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I am going out of my mind with the twins. They are now 11lbs 11ozs and 12lbs 9ozs. They are 12 weeks old. They never sleep!

Jsquared - I did not select birth control when i went to my 6-week checkup. DH and I decided that since it took us almost 4 years to conceive and we needed IVF that there really is no point in me taking something. and we feel like if we were to conceive naturally it would be a blessing after all we've been though. not to mention we never have both kids quiet and sleeping at the same time so I don't have much time right now for BD'ing so I can't help on the birth control issue.

Hope everyone is well and has a great 4th of July holiday!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
(female)

salsmom HB User

Hi Jsquared and CBB!! Glad to hear all is going well with you both!

Isabella is getting so big - almost 8 weeks now and about 12lbs!! She is eating every three hours or so, which is SOO much better than every hour, and she has these huge cheeks that you just want to SQUEEZE!! DH went back to work last week (took 6 weeks off with me), and it is a little bit of an adjustment to handle her on my own. I go back to work in August and sometimes I feel like I cant wait for the "break", other times I dont want to go back at all. But, we need the money, so I have to go back

Jsquared - I went for my 6 wk checkup and they put me on Camilla until I stop breastfeeding. They told me it has a 90-95% effective rate, but with breastfeeding, increases a little bit. I dont think it does anything with your milk supply, but I am not too sure. I will read the little pamphlet thing they give you with the pills and let you know.

I still have not gotten my first AF - anyone else get theirs yet? The dr said it could come anytime or maybe not until she is completely weened. It will probably come my very first day back to work when I am unprepared. For those who have gotten it, was it a REALLY heavy one to begin with, or not so bad?

Is anyone losing weight? I havent lost a pound in like a month. Started doing pilates at home (love Mari Winsor), but not much is happening yet. Still got 15 lbs to go and was hoping to NOT wear maternity clothes back to work....oh well.

Hope to hear back from all the rest of the May mommies and hope that everyone is enjoying the summer!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
(female)

rose1028 HB User

Hi Ladies ~

I havenít been on these boards for 3 months now! Boy, how time flies when youíre a busy twin mom. First of all Iím glad to hear all is well. I have never posted my birth story so Iíll give you a little infoÖ I posted this under CBB's thread on the infant board as well.

I went to the clinic on April 1st because my feet were pretty swollen, my blood pressure has elevated for several weeks and they said I had preeclamsia. So I stayed on bed rest for a couple weeks and went to be induced on April 16th at 5:00pm. They gave me something vaginally to ripen my cervix but it didnít work, at 5am I was only dialted to 1cm and 75% effaced. They put me on pitocin and elevated it throughout the day, my blood pressure kept staying up a and I was getting puffier with no urine output. I never dilated any higher nor had any contractions. A little after 5pm the doctor came in and assessed me , she said my kidneys were starting to shut down and it was getting to dangerous. She decided to do a c-section, so at 6:01pm and 6:02 pm on April 17, my boys entered this world. I was pretty surprised to have 2 boys, I thought with IVF I would have one of each. We named them Lane Tye 6lbs 3oz and Lucas Gerald 5lbs 12oz, they were born at 37 weeks. And they were healthy.

They are such awesome little babys, and they are 12 weeks old today. They look totally different, Lane is chunky and Luke is a peanut, both with stunning blue eyes. At four weeks we moved them to their own room, and at 9 weeks we put them in separate cribs. Ever since they have had their own cribs they have slept through the night. They eat about 6oz at every feeding about every 4-5 hours, sometime longer. Luke is picker, he only eats when he wants to.

I returned to work 3 weeks ago, but have since put in my notice. Tomorrow is my last day. I realize my time is more important spent with them, that and $1200 a month in daycare. I have taken a job part-time working evenings, opposite my DH. Then we still have income coming in from me, but we can raise them on our own.

On the AF issue, I have gotten mine twice since giving birth. It last just a little longer than it used to. As for the weight issue, I lost like 40lb instantly after them, then gained back 10lbs. I'm still 10lbs less than pre - pregnancy but would like to loose more (like 40lbs) Now that it is nice and I will have my days off, I plan on walking with the boys.

Anyway, I have chatted enough. I hope to be on more now that I wonít be working days and the boys nap for about 4 hours in the afternoons.

Take care & congrats.

Oh Yeah Ė I love them so much, I already want more! Good thing I have 10 frozen embabies.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Gina

So glad to read your birth story and to know that all s well. CONGRATULATIONS........and a big welcome to Lane and Lucas.
We have asked for you on the boards and i am sure that many of us will be so happy to read your update.

I am sure that you must be extremely busy..at the same time you seem to have everything under control..it s great that thry sleep in their room and all through the night.

Take care and congrats once again.

Amy

Old 08-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
(female)

ChristinaB2003 HB User

hey ladies!! I haven't been here since november but...My son was born may 1st...4 days early. he was 7.6lbs and 19.5 in. He is now 15 lbs and 26 in. I can't believe how fast time flies he already trying to crawl around and it seems like yesterday he was in my belly. well I hope all of you new mommies are doing great. I might be back on this board..dh and I arent on any bc and we had a lil accident on the 4th. af is due in 1-2 days and Im having all too familiar feelings and syptoms so...we'll see. i would have irish twins..oh lord. lol

Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see how you all were doing. Everything here is chaos as usual. My twins still do not sleep. They do not take naps during the day and they do not sleep during the night. They are 20 weeks old tomorrow. I am getting ready to start them on rice cereal. we just came back from a trip to Disney World which went well. They were so stimulated during the day by all the excitement that they actually behaved better than they do at home. They even did well on the airplane. needless to say i am exhausted since it's been 5 months with no sleep. I am working part-time on top of it so it has been quite rough some days. Hope everyone is doing well!

Closed Thread