It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
wil i feel my baby kick every day

hi guys starting on sun i had what can only be described as popping feeling even my hubby and mum felt them as well i havent felt them today is this normal i felt quite a lot yesterday

Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
Re: wil i feel my baby kick every day

If that is the first time you have had recognisable movement then don't expect to feel it every day for at least a few weeks yet. As baby gets bigger you will start to feel it move multiple times a day...and all through the night when you want to sleep, lol.

Until then you may only notice it when you are relaxed and not distracted by other things going on around you.

Mark the day in your baby book for future reference

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

at first you wont feel them everyday cuz they are so small still. and even when they get big enough for you to feel them everyday somedays they will be more active then others. this made me worry at first cuz some days he would move constantly and others i would only feel him move a couple times or hardly at all. i was told that babys have sleepy days just like we do and to leave him alone and let him do what he wants lol. yeah they were a little blunt but it does make sense. its a little person and people are just more active somedays then others. im 28 weeks now and was told that this is the week that as long as i feel him move everyday then everything should be fine. any time before this week you shouldnt worry if you arent feeling it everyday. they move all the time there motions just arent strong enough for you to feel especially if this is your first. you tend to feel 1st pregnancys later then other ones.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

on most days my baby usually move alot throughout the day and on other days his movements are alot stronger. This is funny because it feels weird but it always makes me smile. When i go for my u/s they always show that baby's head is down and feet are up and i can feel when he stretches and push his feet up in my ribs. Like this past week i have been feeling some strong kicks but lately ive just been feeling him stretch and push on a spot in my belly. i will push back a little and he'll move away. Dont worry soon you will be feeling your baby move so much and like me you might start to wonder how often your baby will sleep when it arrives. Good luck!!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
(female)

topdoris HB User

hi thanks folks i am 26 weeks and 1 day now i mostly feel at night time when lying on side whatching telly it still feels like a bubble however i get concerned when i dont feel the little cherub

Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Is this your first pregnancy? I am just asking because this is my second. I constantly worried during my first pregnancy that my daughter didn't move enough. However, she hasn't stopped moving since being born a year ago!!!! This time around, I feel like this little girl NEVER stops moving. I feel her constantly almost, which is what I expected the first time around. Every baby and every pregnancy is different. Like Aurora said, if it's the first time you felt it, don't expect to feel it every day for at least a few more weeks. Soon enough, it will become much more frequent, but even then, you will have times that the baby isn't as active as others. As always, if you are too worried, call your doc, they will reassure you in some way that everything is just fine with your little baby!!!!

Closed Thread