It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
TODAY is my due date!

OK,
So I just got back from Dr.'s appt. and here is where I stand:

I am about 2 cent. dialated and 75% thinned/effaced

Baby has dropped, but not fully engaged yet. Head may be tipped a little to the side?

Dr. said I will be induced next Tuesday if it does not happen before. I have to go to the hospital Friday to have the a stress test for the baby's heart rate.

I am just wondering what an induction is like and if the head may be to big to pass through my pelvis?? She said they would have to do a trail labor to see if the head will move to the right position. HELP!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User
Re: TODAY is my due date!

I wish I could help. Just wanted to offer my best wishes for a safe & healthy delivery. It's almost here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

My mum was induced with my brother - she said it was more painful than when she had delivered naturally. However, that was some years back, lol, as my brother is older than me. Back in those days people were more scared about having epidurals as they were still fairly recently introduced and so the midwife made her wait for other pain relief because she had refused the epidural...other than that she just felt that the labour took a lot longer because she was induced.

I think, if you are planning to use good pain relief then you will be fine. And who knows, baby may arrive over the weekend yet

Good Luck!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Yes, I will ask for pain relief as needed, and my Dr. said they start out very slow with the induction itself.

Since my cervix is favorable and ripe, it should not be too long of a deal. I am more worried about the baby being able to pass through and the pushing? Could that be why the labor has not started yet? Just to large to pass through? Or he is not in the right position? But being this far along, I am worried that the head is not fully engaged by now.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User

I was induced this past May. I was only 1 cm so it took a lot longer. I think your induction will go a lot faster and who knows you might even go into labour before Tuesday. What they will do is start you on pitosin and break your water. I sat on the birthing ball a lot to bring the baby down which helped. They gave me two different doses of something that took the edge off the contractions which kind of helped. They will increase your pitosin every now and then. I got my epi around 5 cm dialated....which was heaven. I only could feel tons of pressure..but no contractions. After I was given the epi I dialated to a ten really fast and knew it was time to push because of the pressure. Everyone's experience is different, but mine was not that bad just long 16 hours in fact. Good Luck. I truly believe your labour will not be this long because you are more dialted than I was. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Jsquared; 07-02-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I can't compair the two because I only have on child and I was induced. It wasn't that bad. They broke my water and bumped up the pitosin ever so often. I was only 1cm when I went in. The only bad thing about it was my body wouldn't diliate and the hospital required 4cm before I could have an epidural and I was only a 3. The monitors they put on my stomach wasn't picking up my contraction because I was having back labor. But when they did break my water they put a monitor on the babies head and seen I was in full labor and give me the epidural like 45 mins before a section.
But being induced wasn't as bad as everyone had told me it was going to be. I was scared to death over nothing.
But who knows you little one might come before next week.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Closed Thread