It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
(female)

Cookiem26 HB User
July Mommies-any babies yet?

Hey everyone. Just had my 39 week appt. yesterday and still 2.5 cm dilated. I am quite miserable with low back and leg pain and hanging in there. If I don't have the baby in the next few days we've decided to induce first thing Monday morning and we're very excited. So looks like I'll be moving to the infant care board soon. I'll plan to post sometime after the baby is born. Best of luck to all of you and keep me posted on how you're doing.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: July Mommies-any babies yet?

Hi!

Had my 40 week appt. yesterday on my due date! I am dialated @ about 2 cent. and 75 % effaced. I think my mucus plug has come out- Sunday I noticed some and just now I noticed a little more! It is clear.

Have had just mild cramping in lower abdominal area- like mild period cramps over the past couple of weeks. Baby has dropped lower, but not completely engaged yet.

Dr. will induce me on Tuesday, July 8, if I have not gone before then. WOW! Almost there!!!! Please everyone keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

BABY IS HERE!!

Kyle Jordan was born 7-5-08, Saturday, at 1:45 PM!!

He weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces. We are both doing well and are home . Very quick labor and delivery with out any drugs! No time! I got to the hospital around 11:30 AM Sat. morning... Started pushing around 1:00PM, and 45 min. later, here he was!! No tearing!!

We are so happy. WOW, I am so amazed....how well everything went. The night before I started to have mild contractions around 11:00PM. Got some sleep around 5 AM. Woke up a few times w/ a little more pain. The rest of the mucus plug came out at 8:15 AM, when I got up.

I started to have a lot more pain around 10:30 that morning. So everything went so quickly!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Please keep us all posted!!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

SKY11 - wow, that sounds like just a picture perfect delivery. Congratulations, July babies rock (I was born in July). Summers are fun times to have birthdays, and he'll have fireworks every year to celebrate.

No drugs, no tearing - sounds encouraging. Not the drugs part - I really do want drugs, but can't believe it happened so fast.

I'm totally afraid I won't know when the real contractions come. Can you describe them or the pain associated?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
(female)

Cookiem26 HB User

Hey all, my baby girl Emily Grace arrived on Monday 7/7/08. It all went so quickly. MUCH better than labor with my first daughter. I had no back labor which I feared since I had it so bad the first time. I had the epidural and felt comfortable almost the entire time. I say almost because I reached 8 cm dilation and within 20 minutes she was born, it was like boom, I could feel the pressure and pain all of the sudden and was screaming that I needed to push and it all happened so fast, when my doctor arrived it just took a few pushes and she was here! She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz and is a very content little baby and is absolutely beautiful with a head full of thick dark brown hair. All went so well that we went home from the hospital Tuesday evening. My 2 year old DD seems to be adjusting well so far but it's only been a couple of days I can't believe 9 months has come and gone. Congrats to you all who have had your babies and good luck to those of you who will soon. Keep in touch and take care!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Sky...>CONGRATULATIONS........yes that sounds like the perfect labour. Welcome to Kyle Jordan. Enjoy your little bundle.

Cookiem...CONGRATULATIONS to you too.Welcome to Emily Grace. you are giving me hope that the 2nd labour will be easier than the 1st.

Amy

Old 07-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
(female)

nerdo HB User

Almost 39 weeks and no baby yet. My anxiety level is through the roof! Excited and scared all at once! The BH contractions were crazy on Tuesday but it's been quiet since then. I'm having some gooey discharge today and woke up feeling things ripening inside (that's the best way to describe it--I could just feel the electrical shocks happening in my cervix).

It's only 9am and I already have to put my feet up for the swelling. Gotta run now! Good luck everyone!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User

Not yet, due date 07/18. I have had a ton of Braxton Hicks to the point where we are timing them all the time. They are so intense at night. I need to drink a ton of water to help them and then I am up peeing all night long. My last appointment was just 3 days ago and the shop is closed for business Baby is VERY active whereas you can actually grab her foot. It freaks everyone out. I am just trying to relax about it all and what will be will be. I still haven't finished packing a bag yet. I think I better do that tonight. Congrats to you all. Glad to hear labors are going well. My husband seems to think that because this is #4 she is going to fly out of me. I beg to differ.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDance View Post
SKY11 - wow, that sounds like just a picture perfect delivery. Congratulations, July babies rock (I was born in July). Summers are fun times to have birthdays, and he'll have fireworks every year to celebrate.

No drugs, no tearing - sounds encouraging. Not the drugs part - I really do want drugs, but can't believe it happened so fast.

I'm totally afraid I won't know when the real contractions come. Can you describe them or the pain associated?
My labor pain started w/ mild cramps in my lower stomach area, like what you feel before your period. They would last like 30-60 seconds and were coming every 8 to 20 min. or so. Very irrregular at first. This started @ 11:30 PM. They were just painful enough to really keep me from sleeping- plus I was excited to know that the birth may be right around the corner. But not too bad as far as pain.

I also started to get bad lower back pain the next morning, with a lot more painful cramping around 8:00AM. By 10:30AM, I was in real bad pain, coming every 10 min. Was in tears, it hurt so bad.

I think you will know when it happens! You can just tell something is different. And the labor pains will come more regularly so you can start timing them.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
(female)

mommy5 HB User

I was due July 3rd (doctor) or July 8th (ovulation) but on June 18th I went in for an appointment and my blood pressure was up and the baby's heartrate was in the 180's and would not come down so I was sent to the hospital for observation. The baby moved for 2.5 hours straight and her heartrate kept climbing so the following day I was induced. My little girl was born at 3:33 pm on June 19th weighing 6lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches long. She will be 4 weeks old on Thursday and is now 8lbs 8oz so mommy's milk is doing the job!!

Congrats to everyone on their new babies and good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Old 07-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
(female)

nerdo HB User

No baby yet, but come this time Wednesday, my little boy will be here. I have a PPG history of high BP, and my blood pressure spiked this week so the OB decided to go for it.

I'll post again as soon as I can once I'm home. Wish me luck!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #12
(female)

zmanzelli HB User

Hi Everyone!

Malachi Dwayne was born on July 10th @ 3:54 pm. He is doing great!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

ZENA

Congratulations.....so glad to know that all went well with your delivery. A big welcome to Malachi...........and sleepless nights.

Amy

Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
(female)

bec_bec HB User

Zena.......

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ARRIVAL OF MALACHAI.

GLAD YOU ARE BOTH WELL....

HOW HEAVY WAS HE???

I WANT DETAILS CHICKIE BABE LOL

ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT SWEETY.

MUAHHHZ

BEC

Last edited by Mod08; 07-17-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Per posting rules, please do not type text in all upper case letters.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanzelli View Post
Hi Everyone!

Malachi Dwayne was born on July 10th @ 3:54 pm. He is doing great!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
WOW! Congrats zmanzelli! Great name too! Hope you both are doing well! Kyle is now almost two weeks old and feeding like crazy! I am breastfeeding and it is going really good. He is up to 8 pounds, 5 ounces already! Keep is posted and take care!

Closed Thread