It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

jasiusmom HB User
Pregnancy Rage?????

I am new to board.... about 6 weeks prego.

I am feeling really horrible about how I talked to my husband today. There are things I think he needs to do better. They have been ongoing issues for a few years. Today... I totally lost it. I am normally fairly calm. I told him to be gone by the time I get home. Called him a name (I never do this) and cussed (never, ever cuss).

As you can imagine, he is very upset and hurt. Now I can't stop crying and I feel so depressed I can hardly function at work. I am feeling out of control and like my emotions are not managable.

This is my fourth baby.... what is wrong with me??????????????

Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
(female)

demetrialee HB User
Re: Pregnancy Rage?????

It's all normal.... you hormone are all out of wack and you are going to be on an emotional roller coaster for a while. One minute you are happy and the next you angry. Just take a deep breath and everything will work itself out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I did things toward my DH that I never did before gettting pg. I even made him cry a few times, and at the moment, I didnt even feel bad about it. After a while, I did feel really bad, and cried. I texted him that I was really sorry and that we needed to just talk. Maybe you can get someone to watch your kids, and just the two of you go for a walk, or watch some fireworks this weekend, alone. Take that time to really talk with him about everything. Reassure him that its hormones, and nothing personal. Every pregnancy is different. He may question why you didnt act like this before. Well, you never had the stress of 3 kids and being pg. I hope everything works out

Old 07-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I do this at least once a week! No, seriously, I am not proud of it though. This is my second pregnancy and I NEVER remember having these outburts the first time around. The other day when I got home from work I took a nap while DH looked after our one year old daughter. When I woke up he said he was going to go out and water the plants. Why this threw me into a rage I will never know. I yelled and told him to just go and get out of my face. A few minutes later I was sitting there thinking, why in the heck did I just act that way? Why would I care if he wanted to water the plants. I of course apologized a million times and told him to just ignore my mood swings. But still even after him accepting my apology I felt really bad. I have to just chalk it up to hormones too. It's no fun having to be so mean, is it????

Last edited by Delia79; 07-03-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
(female)

jasiusmom HB User

I think everyone is right... it must be hormones. I have calmed down and seem more settled, but still am feeling easily angered. This is so totally out of character for me.

So, I hope the hubby will continue to understand. I am going to try time out on myself until I better have this under control. Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread