It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

Jamarizma HB User
Question Doc said my cerxiv is closed but soft.....

And I was wondering should I be concerned because I have been having contractions and she said they probably caused my cervix to soften. BUT its still closed and high. so0o0o0o with all that being said (still having contractions) should i be concerned?

I had went into preterm labor with my last baby @ 6 months but it was stopped and i was in the hospital til 8.5 months.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Doc said my cerxiv is closed but soft.....

if your dr wasnt concerned then you should try not to worry as long as you arent dilating or having regular contractions. if your dr thought it was a problem she would have admitted you or put you on bedrest. if your contractions get regular or real painful i would call back or go to L&D and have them check you again just to make sure you arent going into preterm labor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

How far along are you? Maybe the doctor wasn't too concerned because as of 37 weeks, they will consider it safe (in most cases) for the baby to be born. But if you're not quite there yet, just watch for the contractions to get regular. Like the other poster said, if they do, I would call your dr. or go to the hospital. But try not to worry about it because remember that to get from even 1cm dilated to the "active" labor phase (about 5cm, I think) can take weeks.

Whiskers

Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
(female)

Jamarizma HB User

Ok my doc didnt seem tooo worried, just about my contractions because I dont know if its braxton hicks or what. when I have them, they dont get better with moving positions or anything like that, but i take it they are braxton hicks since im not dilated. so im just gonna calm down on working. Im only about 25 weeks around that but I just had a baby almost a year ago so I know my body isnt healed completely. but thanks to you both for the advise!

E'nyla (July 30 2007)

Jamarien (Oct 21 2008) EDD

Closed Thread