It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Anyone else a second or third time mommy?

This is my second pregnancy and I feel like things are soooo different than the first time around. While I am taking care of a newly turned one year old, I just feel like all over my body is much more tired this time around. I am guessing that is normal though. I just feel like I have so many questions about my pregnancy this time around that I didn't before. I am wondering about labor....will it be any quicker? My first labor was, if counting from my first real contraction, 17 hours. I only pushed for maybe 10 minutes tops before my daughter was born. I worry this time that it will be much quicker and I won't know what to do!!! Also, the baby feels so much lower this time around and I am only 28 weeks on Tuesday. Is that normal as well? Also, ever since I gave birth to my first daughter I have had issues with leaking urine. When I cough, sneeze, laugh too hard etc. I am worried that it will just get worse after I have the baby this time. Is there anything that can be done about that?

I guess overall, I am just wondering if there are any second or third time mommies out there that can share their experiences!

Thanks!!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Anyone else a second or third time mommy?

This is my second too. With the first it was so easy no problems. I loved being pregnant I was so full of energy no sickness no cravings. Everytime I went to the dr she would ask if I had any questions and the only thing I could ask is when will I feel pregnant? The only complaint I had was he was up high and made my ribs hurt and it was hard to breath. I didn't even show I got 4 stretch marks and that was from the contractions in labor.
This time I am so tired all the time,stressed about everything, and I know it sounds bad but I am ready for her to be here. I am getting big this time she is laying side to side so she is really low and pushes on my bladder alot so I know what you mean on leaking I am 24 weeks and I am having this problem I have to wear panty liners.
All I have this time around is questions now and some anxiety about being a mom again. It will be 8.5 years between my two and I am so afraid I won't know what to do.
I even have a really hard thing to over come since I couldn't get pregnant I avoided babies all together I can't hold one I panic or something I start shaking and it gets hard to breath. I am terrified I want be able to hold my own.
Not wanting to sound like I am complaining I am really happy to be pregnant and we have wanted this baby for so many years but your not the only one feeling different this time around.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

RFF HB User

This is my 4th and the most different pregnancy for me. My other three felt pretty good the whole time. This one I had a little morning sicknes and now dealing with lower abdomen pain, Yikes. Anyways the labors they say do tend to get shorter and for me that certaintly holds true. My first was about 12 hrs, second 4.5hrs, and my third about 1.5hrs from first contraction to baby being out. My last one came so fast and didn't feel like real labor because it was more of a moderate cramp that was continous not contractions that came and went. Ended up having him at home with my husband delivering and going to the hospital in an ambulance because the paremedics got there about ten minutes after he was born. Hoping this one slows down a bit so I can make it to the hospital. Believe me Delia, your body will know what to do the second time around and I am sure you will be amazed and delighted at your new little one. Try to do kegel excercises to help you with the urine leakage. You just squeeze your pelvic muscles together like you are trying to stop peeing and hold for a second then release. Do several at a time anytime you think of it and this will help strengthen the muscles for you. Take care. Renee

Old 07-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Ha -- this time around (2nd baby, 3rd pregnancy) I feel like "hey, I just read all these same books, read all those cautions about what not to eat, etc." -- I feel like I don't have as many questions this time around since I know what to expect.

I DO want to know how much more awful my stretch marks are going to get, though. The last time they ended about 3 inches ABOVE my naval -- depressing, isn't it!?! I hope they don't reach my boobs! LOL

I find it more challenging this time around to get the rest and nutrition I need with a 19 month old underfoot all the time... and finding someone to watch her while I go to the doctor. All things I didn't have to do last time.

AND, I'm trying to be cautious to do the same sort of journaling and whatnot for this baby that I did for the first one... sibling rivalry and all... ha!

Christine
EDD 2/28/2009
Miscarried 8/31/2007
Lorelei 11/21/2006

Last edited by Mod08; 07-05-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi Delia,
This pregnancy is much different for me as well. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but like Xine, will only be my 2nd child, and I'm almost 9 weeks. This time around I feel like I'm being SO much more careful about stuff like what I eat, because of the mc I suffered in January. I'm just paranoid I guess, and I didn't feel that way with my ds. Physically I don't feel as tired as I did with my first or second pregnancy, which I think is a bit strange because I'm so busy with a 14 mo. But with him I did have to get up and work a full time job in retail (so always on my feet), so I was always exhausted it seemed. I haven't had sore bb's once, either! And I remember that being one of the worst symptoms I had the first time around. I don't have as much nausea either. Last time it was pretty much 24/7 from the 6 week point until the 12 week mark. This time, it's been off and on from about 6 weeks, but I have had hardly any in the past week or so. I also find that I am SO much more bloated this time around. I remember being quite bloated around the 12 week mark with ds, but this time I got that way before my bfp, and I am still crazy bloated. I really look pregnant, already. Especially after a big meal!
Other than that, I think the time is going by a lot faster than it did with ds, but probably because I don't think about it all the time like I did with him. I have found myself even forgetting at times that I am pregnant at all, which I guess is good because I'm not feeling too terrible.
Oh, and with ds I had TERRIBLE lower back pain from about 6 weeks until well into the second trimester, and this time it hasn't been nearly as bad.

Whiskers

P.S. I remember leaking quite a bit of urine with ds as well when I would sneeze or laugh. I don't remember when it began, I think somewhere around the 20-24 week point. I think I did a lot of kegals too, and I still had the problem, but the exercises will probably improve the leakage a bit for you anyway... Worth a shot, I guess!

Closed Thread