It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User
Isabella & Carter are here!!

My twins have arrived, so I thought I'd share their birth story. On Tuesday night I started having contractions with pain at about 8pm, so we decided to go to the hospital since I was already 6cm dilated at my appt on Monday. We took our son to my parents' house and headed in. As soon as we got to the hospital, I stepped out of the car and had a big gush of water. They put me in triage where I kept feeling little gushes and after a little while the resident checked me and said I was still 6cm and my water didn't break because he could feel a sac. So I thought that I must be peeing on myself, but I was pretty convinced that my water was leaking. My contractions were getting SOOO painful in triage, so I begged for pain meds. They finally got me to a birthing suite (they were full and we had to wait for one). Then my best friend the anesthesiologist came in and gave me the epidural just after midnight. I was much happier! My OB checked me and said that my water definitely broke and I wasn't peeing on myself, but she could still feel a sac too, and I was 7-8cm. Then at about 1:00am, she came back and said I was complete and we could start a few pushes before moving me to the OR. They also did a quick u/s to make sure both babies were still head down and they were, so I started pushing. After a few pushes, they wheeled me to the OR, and at 2:04am on July 2nd, out came Isabella Rylee, and after a few more pushes and a huge splash of the 2nd sac breaking, her brother Carter Joseph arrived at 2:13am. Izzy was crying a lot, but they had to work on Carter a bit to get him to cry because he had some fluid in his lungs. Izzy was 5lbs 9oz and 18in and Carter was 5lbs 13oz and 18.5in.

They are both in the NICU since they were born just shy of 35 weeks and have some issues. Carter is doing pretty well and slowly taking more feedings. Izzy, on the other hand, was doing just great, but they noticed a heart murmur, and after lots of EKGs and u/s of her heart, the cardiologist determined that she needs surgery on her heart and basically the heart murmur is the reason they found it. Had she not had that, this defect would've become much worse and could have been fatal. So, they took her by ambulance today to a Children's Hospital much farther away and will operate next week since she is stable enough for now.

I have had a very, very emotional day, and I am just praying that everything goes well and that both Izzy and Carter get to come home in the next couple weeks so we can get back to normal. It is so hard having a baby at one hospital far away, a baby at a closer hospital, and a 3-year old at home who doesn't really understand what's going on, and just knows that his sister needs to get fixed. Sorry I made this so long, but I thought I'd share my whole story since I don't know when I'll get a chance to come back on.

Cristy

Last edited by jackstersmom; 07-05-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User
Re: Isabella & Carter are here!!

Cristy~
Congrats on the birth of your little ones. I will say a special prayer tonight that Izzy's surgery goes well and that soon she can be with her brother and Mommy. This must be so hard for you after all you have been through. You do seem to have a positive outlook. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Congratulations on the birth of Izzy and Carter! I will be praying for Izzy during this next little while, but I know she is going to be fine.

I know it must be very draining having three kids in different locations, but soon you will all be reunited at home. I look forward to reading the next instalment- when you get to bring the babies home.

Big hugs for you, and well done for managing to keep them in so long!

Helen x

Old 07-05-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Cristy, Congratulations on they birth of your little ones. I'll be praying for great results from Izzie's surgery, so the whole family can reunite soon. Best of luck! - April

Old 07-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

want2beamama HB User

Congratulations Cristy and Family!

Welcome to the world Isabella & Carter! I will pray for Izzy's surgery and that both babies are strong and healthy to go home soon and meet their big brother! Best of Luck to your growing family!!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Congratulations on your beautiful twins...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as Izzy undergoes her surgery! Take care and keep us posted.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Cristy, congrats on the birth of your twins!! I will also keep your family & especially Izzy in my prayers for her upcoming surgery. I'm sure your family will be all back together again soon. Get some rest!!

Holly

Old 07-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Congratulations......and well done for keeping them for so long i know it was not an easy journey.
Praying for you Izzy and Carter and for your family to be reunited asap. Please keep us informed re Izzy s surgery when you have time. I am sure that she s in excellent hands......i will keep her in my prayers. This most be tough on you though i am sure that you ll pull through.

Hugs

Amy

Old 07-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Cristy my cycle buddy and friend CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Isabella and Carter I am so happy for you. I will pray that Issy's surgery goes well and that you will all be reunited as a family very very soon. I know that it cannot be easy for you right no but everything wil be fine in the end. I cannot wait to hear how everything goes. Keep us posted as soon as you can.

Thinking of you, DH, Jackson, Carter and Issy.

Love
Charlene

Last edited by Namibia; 07-06-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

You guys are all so sweet Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers. Here's an update: both babies are doing very well. Carter is off of everything, except he gets some feedings by tube because he is sometimes sleepy, but he is doing so good and takes quite a few by bottle - he's a good little sucker! He will be getting circumcised Mon or Tues, which is a good sign that he'll be coming home very soon (sometime this week if he keeps up on his feedings). Isabella is doing really well too, but she is not eating because they don't want her to eat before her surgery, she's only getting nourishment via IV. Her heart surgery is scheduled for Tues morning, so DH and I will be there for that and see her before and after. When she is stable and doing well after the surgery, she will then start her feedings and as soon as she can take them all by bottle, she will get to come home. Hopefully that will be 2 weeks at the most. The cardiologist told us she has a 95% chance of coming through the surgery with no problems and no long-term effects. So, please everyone, keep praying that Izzy makes it through her surgery just fine and that we can be a complete and normal family within a couple weeks.

Cristy

Old 07-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Congratulations Cristy - I will be praying for little Lizzy's successful surgery. I have a good feeling this is a blessing in disguise that they found the heart murmur and will be the pathway to you having a complete family.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I am so happy for you and yet want to give you a huge hug for support. What an amazing story and journey you have lived.
I just can't put into words how much I am there for you in spirit. You are an inspiration to us all.
I hope your babies will be home very soon, much warm thoughts to your little Izzy in her time of need. We are all there for you!
Congrats!:an gel:
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Cristy and congrats on the birth of your precious angels.Please know little Izzy will be in my thoughts and prayers as will your family.God is great and he will take care of her her got her here and he will get her through this.Please keep us posted take care.

Eva

Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Cristy I am so happy to hear that Carter is doing so well and is a gret sucker it is all a very good sign, I hope he comes home soon. as for Issy I am sure that everything is going to be fine and that her surgery is going to go well, like the Dr said she has a 95% chance of coming out of surgery and leading a normal life. I'll keep you all especially Issy in my prayers. Keep us posted as soon as you can.

Love
Char

Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

jackstersmom HB User

DH and I are sitting in the waiting room right now as Izzy is having her heart surgery. We've been here for 5 hours already and will probably have a couple more to go. I'm just a little bored and trying to keep my mind off of what is happening to her, so I thought I'd come on here. Her nurse updates us every hour or so and she is doing really well so far. Please pray for her.

Cristy

Closed Thread