It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
(female)

RFF HB User
Lower abd pain.

Hey all. Sorry for the long post, but need some insight. I don't post often, ussually just read, but today was hoping for some advice or to see if anyone else has had this. Brief history, I am pregnant with my 4th child and will be 18 weeks on Tuesday. All of my other pregnancies have been pretty uneventful and routine with just the normal aches and problems that everyone eperiences. Well early Friday morning I woke up at about 2:30am with stomach cramps and pain. At about 4:00 am the pain went from being moderate and all over to located just in the lower abdomen. You know how they tell you to rate the pain from 1-10? Well, it was basically a 6 the whole time, but then it would peak and cramp and be a 9. These came every 4 to 10 minutes. At 5:30am my Mom came to watched the kids and my husband took me to the ER because I was kind of freaked out and in so much pain. We were at the ER until 9:00am and by the time we left the pain was pretty much gone, thank goodness. They did some bloodwork, urinalysis, U/S, and checked to make sure I wasn't dialting. All looked ok so they went me home and told me to take it easy for the weekend and follow up with my Dr. in 3 days so I have to call on Monday to get an appointment. Friday night I had a brief episode of cramping, again a nine. This morning another brief episode and just a few minutes ago another. None of these have been near as long as Friday morning which was hours. At no time has there been any bleeding or fluid leakage. I have basically done nothing Friday or today, but lay around. I am anxiously awaiting Monday to see the Dr., but wondered if anyone else expereinced something similar and if so what the outcome was. Thanks Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Lower abd pain.

Do you by chance have fibroids (or, I should say, know if you do)? I had similar pain in my last pregnancy and my OB said that it was probably just the fibroid getting twisted or smushed or something.

Good luck to you!

Closed Thread