It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User
natural pregnancy after IVF

Hi,

Just curious if anyone is going through a natural pregnancy, after having IVF or other fertility treatments?

I have severe endometriosis and underwent several IVF cycles to get pregnant with my DS (now 5) and DD (6 months). I found out two weeks ago that I'm pregnant again, this time the old fashioned way. It's been a real shock and I'm wondering how common it actually is.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Re: natural pregnancy after IVF

CONGRATULATIONS...how did DH react? I guess that after going through IF you re happy about this anyway.
well we re more or less in the same boat. Don t know if you remember me from the if boards. I had been ttc for a year before conceiving DS now 5 months old. However i conceived naturally. I am now around 6 weeks preg with #2. Yes it was a shock though at the same time we feel blessed and believe that it was meant to be.
My dr told me that most women are extremely fertile the first few cycles after they give birth........

I am slightly worried on how i ll cope with DS who will be close to start walking and a newborn ....since it s your #3 i ll be counting on your advice. IF i remember correctly DD was born 12/30 and you used to post in Jan mommies. I was a feb 08 mommy.Looks like we re going to be feb 09 mommies .

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

I too got pregnant naturally after using fertility treatments. Our doctor had us do 6 rounds of clomid with no success. He was ready to send us further for IVFs and we weren't ready for that, so we decided to just stop and enjoy the summer just the two of us. My cycles went back to very irregular right away, but lucky us we got pregnant on the first cycle, which was about 2 months after we stopped.

I hear a lot of people say that it's when you stop trying that you get pregnant. Even though we think we don't stress about getting pregnant we still do. And it's when you decide that not being pregnant is ok, that's when you get pregnant. Best wishes to you! This is only my first, I couldn't imagine doing this and having 2 little ones to be running after as well.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Hi Amy,

I do remember you from the infert board and this board. I'll be honest, my current two children are nearly 5 years apart and that was intentional (DD was an FET left over from my fresh IVF cycle with my son). We wanted a good bit of space between them, so I'm really nervous about this one. DS is the big "helper" so having two little ones seems scary!

I'm sure we'll both be fine, but now I know that I'm going to need birth control immediately after this baby is born!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Vik!!! I just saw your post & had to congratulate you!!!!! How exciting! I'm sure it is scary getting pregnant again so soon after the last one, but all babies are blessings & I know you will handle it like a rockstar!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Holly

Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

I just saw on your other post that you are pregnant too!! That's wonderful! I'm so excited for you - you REALLY deserve it :-)

When are you due?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Thank you! We are really excited as well! I'm due November 22, & just reached the 20 week (halfway point) yesterday. We should be finding out the gender on Friday. I can hardly contain myself!!

Do you have any appts coming up?

Holly

Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Yes, my first u/s is tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

It's so exciting to find out the gender - do you have a preference?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Definitely let me know how it goes!!! I'll be thinking of you. Are you far enough along to see the heartbeat yet?

I would love to have a little girl, but what's most important is that the baby's healthy. BF wants a boy & I would be happy to see him get what he wants too. We are just so thrilled to finally be experiencing this!! It'll be so exciting to find out one way or another!

Holly

Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Vikrorria! Congrats! Wow, things have really become very exciting on this board! I'm so excited to hear all about your u/s tomorrow... definitely keep us posted!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

So I had my u/s - they couldn't see a heartbeat. They originally estimated that I was about 9 weeks, but I knew that was wrong and my guess was 6-7 weeks. According to the measurement of the sac, I'm about 6 weeks.

It was really nerve racking - unlike the RE's office, the u/s wasn't as clear and it looked to me like there wasn't really anything in the sac. The dr didn't seem confident either, so I'm going back in 10 days to have another u/s. I've had a history of early miscarriage, so I'm trying not to react too much. I have virtually no symptoms, but with my first pregnancy I didn't either, so I guess I can't really go by that.

I think the worst part is not knowing

Old 07-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Vik,

I'm sorry you didn't get to see the heartbeat today. It must be nervewracking!! Try not to get worried yet, sometimes it is too early to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks. I'm sure the 10 days until your next appt will seem like forever, but it will be here sooner than you think & I will pray everything goes well w/ this pregnancy.

Wishing you all the best!!

Holly

Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Vik, I too am sorry that you weren't able to see the heartbeat today. My RE told me that you can not expect to see the heartbeat until you are 6 1/2 weeks along and I was exactly 7 weeks along when he had me scheduled to come in to see the babies heartbeats. And even then it was kinda hard to see their little flashes on the screen. I'll definitely keep you and baby in my thoughts and prayers... I sympathize as the wait is definitely the hardest part.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

YAY! We could see the heartbeat yesterday! I had a little scare with bleeding, but the baby looks good. Turns out I'm not due until March 7th (4 weeks beyond the original estimation), so that's why we couldn't see the heartbeat last time.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

OH VIK!!!! That's wonderful news!!! I am so relieved & so happy for you! Congrats! Looks like this little miracle is here to stay!

Holly

Closed Thread