It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
please please advise re kicking

hi guys well i am now 27 weeks pregnant this coming thursday the kicking starting on sunday last week 29/6/2008 and they were to the point when dh and mom could feel when touch last night i thought i felt movement however today its not that much and even when i relax on sofa with hands over belly i thought igot what was a light kick but nothing as hard as before when i went for my 4d scan they said the placenta was at the top i am a big lady in fact 20 st so a lot of padding however when i call the hospital they say have i felt for 10 times today when in actual fact i dont think i have its not like i am a 10 st lady or anything when i tell my mom or my dh my concerns they think i am being paranoid and said its ok i really dont know what to do now i have felt the little one. i want to feel every day when i put my hand on belly sometime last week i felt howver i havent tonight

please advise folks it seems you are the only poeple i can get the answers from as were all going through it this is my first pregnancy

lin xx

Old 07-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: please please advise re kicking

my little boy is stubborn and will actually stop kicking when i touch my belly. he knows i wanna feel him so he wont let me! i was told that you shouldnt start counting kicks til at least 28 weeks. i was also told that your baby is a person and somedays people are lazier then others and he/she is probably just having a sleepy day. as long as you feel something everyday you should be fine. also when my baby started kicking he would really kick and it was really strong now i have found that he likes to stretch and push on me and roll around more then kicking so it doesnt feel as strong as the straight out kicks its more like hes trying to push himself out through my sides. i can see his little foot/hand push up and move around. maybe yours will just be more of a roller then a kicker too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Hi Lin,

Similar to the other response, I was told not to worry about kick counts until at least 28 weeks. I'm on my 3rd pregnancy now and with both of my children, they had days were they were really active and others where they were laid back and relaxed. During my first, I'd get really scared and think something was wrong, but just like us, babies have periods of energy and rest.

With that said, you should trust your instincts. If you are worried that something is wrong, call your OB or go to the ER. Trust me, especially with first time mommies, they are used to a handling our anxiety. It's your body and your baby, so you should do what you feel is best and don't let your family make you feel paranoid for it. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

It sounds like you just recently started feeling movement and therefore you're probably still trying to learn your little ones routine. It seemed like with of my pregnancies my little ones had certain times of the day when they were more active. Plus you have to keep in mind you're not going to feel every move they make because you're busy and not always concentrating on that. What I like to do if I have any question and it sounds cruel but gives me comfort when needed is I would either drink a big glass of ice water and then lay on my back propped up a bit or I would get a cold soda can and place it on my belly...both of these things would get me at least one or two kicks. I do agree with the other posters though, if you are really truly concerned there is no harm in calling the doctor or going in and voicing your concern. After all this is your little one and your job is to protect them...it's part of being a Mommy and the doctor should understand that! Best wishes!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
(female)

topdoris HB User

HI i went to hospital yesterday and felt a couple of kicks also they did heart trace on baby and a scan and was all ok in fact although i am due in october my baby so they say weighs about 2 pound i think its gonna be a big babay

thanks for all your advice

Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Glad to hear everything is going great...what a comfort to you!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #7
(female)

topdoris HB User

i was sitting relaxed today and saw my side of tummy move was so lovely to see

Closed Thread