It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
how long to push

i wrote on here before about having a pelvic tilt. i asked the dr about it at my last appt to see if i would still be able to have a vaginal delivery. he said that he wouldnt be able to tell til i was in labor and the baby was moving down. he said its not something he would go and do a csection for right off the back without seeing if he comes down straight and if i would be able to push him out cuz its just a mild tilt. well i have always said that i think that would be the worst to have to go through labor and pushing and then end up having a csection anyways. i was just wondering if im not gonna be able to push him out how long they usually let you try to push before they decide to do the csection? i might have too but i really dont wanna go through 2 hours of pushing for nothing. my aunt pushed my cousin out part way and then his shoulders got stuck and they had to push him back in and do a csection. that really scares me. if it hurts that bad coming out can you imagine it being pushed back in! i dont want something like that to happen. it probably not real good for the baby either

Last edited by sg1112; 07-07-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User
Re: how long to push

Well, my pelvis is not tilted, but I do have one side higher than the other. I am having twins and when I asked OB today about having a vaginal delivery, he said we would have to wait until it was closer to my due date. However, he acted like he would be able to tell before I ever had to start pushing. He also said that my uneven hips may actually work in my advantage! (Not sure how though!) So, hopefully your dr. will be able to tell once you begin to dialte. That way you don't have to go through all of that. I'm with you though, I would almost just rather have a csection, but my OB basically said that would only happen if necessary. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But, good luck!!!

Teach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

I don't know how long, sorry I can't help answer that question for you. But I have a slightly similar concern, sort of. When my DH was a baby, he was over 10 lbs. and his shoulders too were so large, that he actually broke his collar bone as he came out the birth canal. Basically, the Dr.'s wanted to do a c-section (at some point, not sure what point during MIL's labor) and the stupid dad said "no way are you cutting open my wife" - rumor says he didn't want her to have an ugly scar - real winner, huh?).

Now days they would NEVER do that based on what the man says - I think I've heard it's all about the woman's ability to decide what happens to her body, and the man only has a say so if the woman is knocked out or something.

Anyway - if I have a big baby like my DH was, they may have to do something similar. Hopefully all goes well with your delivery!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I am not tilted. I was induced with my son. When I was efaced and fully dialated, his little head was turnd just a little to much. I pushed for about two hours to turn his head just right. Once it was turned, he was out in about 20 minutes. I also had an epideral, so I didn't feel any pain.

Best of luck in your decision!

Closed Thread