It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Wish I knew what was going on!!!

Ok, I am pretty sure I have a bladder infection. I know when you are pregnant you feel the need to pee more frequently but for the last two days I feel like I have to constantly only to use the bathroom and hardly have anything to show for it. Plus when I am finished going I am still feeling the need to go. Does this sound like a bladder infection? Also, and sorry if this is TMI, but frequently throughout the day I've been having these really sharp pains from around the area where my urethra is up into my lower abdomen/groin area. Ouch!!!! On top of all this, I woke up this morning and am feeling sort of irritated or itchy "down there." What in the heck is wrong with my body???? I never had one issue when pregnant with my first daughter beyond having a slightly raised BP. This time I've had Shingles (go figure) and now it seems maybe a bladder infection and a yeast infection? Why does my body hate me all of the sudden?????

Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
Re: Wish I knew what was going on!!!

I think all of the symptoms you have described can be attributed to a uti, so go get it checked so they can give you antibiotics. If you leave it the discomfort will almost certainly get worse and being pregnant has enough comfort issues without that! Plus, it is very common for a woman to get a uti during her pregnancy because the weight of the uterus and the baby cause the flow of urine to slow down, thus allowing time to breed bacteria.

Hope you feel better soon.
H

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

I am sorry that you are experiencing such discomfort. I would have it checked out by your dr just to be safe. I hope you feel better soon.

Charlene

Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

if you call the dr today they will have you come in and do a urinalysis. drs dont mess around with utis just cuz they can cause complications IF they are left untreated for a long period of time, but since you caught it early you will be ok. i have had 1 uti while pregnant but i have thought i had one on several occasions. i also pee constantly and even when im done sometimes i have to go again a couple minutes later but the dr has told me its just the way the baby is laying on my bladder. i would have it checked out right away just cuz if it is a uti its only going to get more uncomfortable and you dont want it to turn into a kidney infection, those are more difficult to treat.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
(female)

fcsteacher HB User

Definately go to the doctor! I experience frequent UTIs anyway, but while pregnant with my second child, it was horrendous. It caused me to go into premature labor twice. I had to stay in the hospital while they gave me fluids and antibiotics. I didn't drink enough and became dehydrated. The second time it was so bad that my lower back ached. I think it had affected my right kidney. I had to take shots of something they called "turb". It relaxes smooth muscles to stop contractions and is also used to treat athsma. It also made me tremble and shake uncontrolably. My baby was born about three weeks early, but very healthy. A 7lb. 6oz boy.

Closed Thread