It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Feeling so guilty....prenatal vitamins

I am disappointed in myself I have not been taking my prenatal vitamins in over a few weeks. I know that i need my vitamins and i dont even know the reason i stopped taking them. It slips my mind every single day. I dont want to take them too early because i think i'll get sick and i dont really eat too much in the morning. I try to remember to take them at night but i go to bed so quick now and before i know it its morning. At my appointments things go well i have been having monthly u/s and baby is growing fine. All seems to be well. Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Feeling so guilty....prenatal vitamins

Don't stress about it too much. As long as you are eating a variety of foods, including fruits and veggies, your baby should be getting enough of everything she needs. The prenatal vitamins are more a way of making sure than a true necessity.

The person who might be harmed by you forgetting vitamins is you, because your body will deprive itself of nutrients to provide enough for the baby. As long as you are eating properly, you won't get critically low, but you could definitely get a little anemic after delivery.

Maybe you could tie the vitamin into something you do every day. Taking it with lunch or dinner? When you get home from work? Think about your schedule. And if you miss one, it's not the worst thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i had a problem with forgetting to take them too. try putting them somewhere that you will see them every night before you go to bed like next to your toothbrush or some place that you will def see them.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Don't be so hard on yourself. I was diagnosed as anemic about three weeks ago and am SUPPOSED to be taking an iron supplement. I haven't been. Honestly, I am already taking four other medications and you can't take it with this and you can't take it with that and I just honestly can't find a good time to take it. Plus it makes my stomach hurt. I know how you feel though, I feel sort of guilty too and do need to at least try to take it some of the time.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

To feel to bad with DS I didn't take them at all because they made me so sick and he was fine 7lbs 21inches. I did make sure I was eating good and not eating alot of bad stuff.

This time I take them but I'm like you sometimes I forget them not often but I do.

You might can try putting them by something you do everyday or every night like brushing your teeth, on the stove if you cook everyday you will see them. I know with my son he takes asma meds. and he will not take them unless I remind him and then he tells me he did. So I got a bill box with the days of the week on it and put in on top of his ceral box so when he gets up to eat he has to move them to get his food so he usually remembers to take them then and the days on it lets me know if he took it or not.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Thanks to you all for your replies i will definitely try to work on this issue of mine. I just havent ever had to take any medicine before in which i had to remember everyday.

I also feel bad because before i got pregnant i always said i would eat healthy and give up fried foods caffeine, sodas and junk. I guess its true be careful what you say because thats all the things i was craving and just couldn't stay away from. But i have to admit im doing alot better now..all i got to do is remember those vitamins.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

I am the same way....although...I was trying to take the flinstones even for quite awhile but they still make me somewhat ill. I haven't really been taking any viatamins either. I feel bad too but the wierd thing is...my doctor(s) haven't even asked me about taking them. They've never brought up viatamins to me...like asked if I've been taking any ect. So, that makes me wonder how important they really are. I know their important but.....how important. I think we'll be fine, really.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Same for me my doctor never asks me it seems like if it was a BIG deal she would stay on top of me about it. I think we will be fine too. I've looked at websites where women who didnt even know they were pregnant had healthy babies without taking prenatal vitamins or eve getting prenatal care. SO like you said Mistina i think we will be fine. Best of luck to us all!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1112 View Post
i had a problem with forgetting to take them too. try putting them somewhere that you will see them every night before you go to bed like next to your toothbrush or some place that you will def see them.
When I was taking progesterone while TTCing I would often forget to take it before bed, since I take all of my other meds/vitamins in the morning. So, I put the progesterone bottle right next to the kitchen sink. Then, when I was prepping dinner or cleaning up from dinner I would remember to take it then.

Find something to work for you -- place the bottle right next to your purse/keys/shoes, or in your purse.

Proper nutrition IS important. I never play into those anecdotal "I did X and my kid turned out ok" stories. You may have a very different background than that other person. Your doctors probably don't make a big deal out of it because it's a very simple thing that they've already told you about. Doctors are not there to harp on us to follow their instructions. They just assume we are doing what they told us to do.

Closed Thread