It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Always tired and having HORRIBLE emotional issues

Ok, so I'm just about 30 weeks along and I am suffering from severe exhaustion and on an emotional roller coaster. I'm currently a stay home mom (2.5 year old son). I find that I am constantly exhausted (tired is an understatement), but if I wake up too early and don't get enough rest, I'm like a different person. I'm horrible to everyone including my son. It breaks my heart because it seems like I'm always yelling at him. I flip out at the tinniest things. Sometimes I yell so violently (verbal, never physical) that I'm sure I'm doing emotional damage to him. It's like I have no control over myself. Of course as soon as I lash out, I immediately start to cry because I feel so awful for acting that way towards him. I'm walking around in a fog and I feel like there is nothing that I can do. Does anyone have an experience with a situation similar to this? I am so afraid that all of my yelling and crying is going to make him hate me. I am also terrified of what it's going to be like taking care of him and a newborn. I'm hoping that once I'm not pregnant anymore I'll get some energy back. . . . . .

Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Always tired and having HORRIBLE emotional issues

Although you are pregnant and hormonal, you have to make a conscious decision to not yell at your son or anyone else. You don't want to change who he is by yelling at him or making him feel differently because you are tired or cranky. You have to find a way to get some energy......is your diet good? Are you getting exercise? I don't know about your situation, but I ran and worked out and on top of that I walked at least 3-5 miles everyday until the day I gave birth. I had more energy when I was pregant that I ever remember having and I think it was in part of the healthy active lifestyle I decided to adopt. Get a jogging stroller and start walking with your son now. Point out the birds, grass, leaves, and everything you see outside to him. Make him feel great now, because when there is a new baby he may feel very left out or different because the family dynamics change. I really believe you have to change TODAY for your sons sake and for your own. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Always tired and having HORRIBLE emotional issues

Do you have a network of girlfriends and/or family that could help you out by watching your son for a day or two while you get your sanity back? So that you can nap, relax, get a pedicure, etc. Find somone to help you out, for both of you!

As the other poster said, try not to yell at your child as it just frustrates the situation, making both of you feel bad. Remove yourself from the situation for a "timeout" yourself if you need it.

Pregnancy can suck... the hormones, the extra weight, the changing center of gravity... it all combines to make us not so happy people occasionally.

Best of luck to you, though, hon. Hang in there!

Closed Thread