It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

amanda26 HB User
Acne!!!

Has anyone found a safe and effective way to treat acne while pregnant? My face is broke out soooo bad and it even goes up into my hair line. It is so embarrasing and obvious that I look different.

Last edited by Mod08; 07-11-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Acne!!!

Sorry -- no help here. Just letting you know I'm right there with you. The only hope we have is to wait it out. As the horomones get regulated in our bodies the acne subsides (a few months). I know, it sucks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Look up natural ways to treat the skin and use organic products instead of commerically chemically loaded products which will not help. Tea tree oil is great too.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Amanda

The best thing to treat an acne skin while pregnant is to try and find a product range that uses only natural ingredients and not chemicals and has been classified as a cosmeseutical (which means it has cosmetic but also pharmaceutical properties). I am not sure what skin care range you get in the US, (I use a range called MATIS from Paris) it would be best to ask your beauty therapist. Another tip is do not skip a step in your cleansing routine cleanse, tone and then moisturise and most importantly use an exfoliator (scrub). Make sure you buy a product best suited for your skin type. If you can also try go for a facial every 4-6 weeks so that your skin can be steamed cleaned out properly.

REMOVED

Charlene

Last edited by Mod08; 07-12-2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: peer support only

Old 07-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

quibby84 HB User

I know what you mean! I dont have as much acne as I do just nasty skin...I just dont look in the mirror...haha Oh and I used organic facewash from Whole Foods (but I did that before I got preg. so...maybe my post is useless..lol)

Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User

I had really bad acne while pregnant with my DS. I tried a lot of different things, but nothing worked. This time around, I vowed to get a facial every month. I've been pretty good @ sticking to it. My face looks fine this time around and ironically, I'm having a girl (which they say are the ones that steal your beauty). I also use a cleanser called mint soufflé. It's really good at helping with the redness.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
(female)

amanda26 HB User

Thanks for the responses. It seems to be getting a little better, but I guess there isn't gonna be much I can do to combat hormones.

Closed Thread