It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
finding out the gender

We have our u/s tomorrow to find out the gender, and I am so nervous! I dont even know why. I am prepared for them to just tell me. I am expecting them to say boy because everyone in the world thinks that I am having a boy. In the beginning I really felt like it is going to be a girl, but then I kept hearing that, and I have convinced myself that its a boy. Was anyone else nervous when they found out?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
Re: finding out the gender

Well, I was kind of nervous excited...when we found out that we are having a girl we literally were skipping back to the car... yeah, we are weird, lol. I think we would have been equally as pleased if it was a boy, it was just the knowing that made us soooo happy!

Have fun!

Helen x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i was extremly nervous for my big ultrasound. my bf had just started his job and was unable to take off, they have a policy that if you call off in the first 30 days its a voluntary leave. i knew how much he wanted a boy and i really wanted to be able to tell him thats what it is, and turns out it is a boy. i was most scared that they would see something wrong with the baby but they said everything looked good. i too kinda felt like i was having a girl in the beginning but everyone kept saying boy. i think i just thought it was a girl cuz i really wanted to have a boy first and figured if i said boy it would be a girl so i said girl and its a boy!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Oh the ultrasound day is SO wonderful! It's almost as exciting as actually having your little one! I can remember not being able to sleep the night before because I was SO SO excited!
Just remember that an ultrasound technician cannot tell you anything other than the sex of the baby and whether the baby has a three vessel cord or not. She is not legally able to tell you anything else. Make sure you prepare yourself for that. I think that because a technician is not a doctor, she cannot give you that information.
I know that I cried when I found out it was a girl because I wanted a little girl in the worst possible way! It was amazing! I just knew it was a girl. I don't think I would have believed her if she told me otherwise.
Next time around, I don't plan on finding out the sex. It makes it so much more exciting in the end!
Good luck!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Its a boy!! I am supposed to be 20ws today, but he is big enough to be 20w6d. He is also about 14 ounces, which is a little big, but my dr isnt too worried about. Everything else is very healthy

Old 07-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Congratulations on your baby boy!!! How exciting...now you can start planning specific details special to having a boy!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Congrats on having a boy. I am happy to hear that he is healthy as well as a big boy. Good luck with you planning now that you know what it is.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Congrats on your healthy boy!!! We just found out on Friday that we are having a boy too. It's so exciting finding out the sex & then starting all the preparations!!!

Holly

Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Congrats on alll the the baby boys as some of you know i am having a boy as well....all i have to say is Where are the little girls!

Closed Thread