It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

sarmee HB User
FTM oblique lie baby PTL

Hello everyone. I am a first time mom going to be having a girl due 8-17-08. At 29 weeks I had bad stomach cramps and went to L&D they said I was having contractions everfy 2-3 min. I had to get a couple shots of terb and then go home to rest...I had to go back the next day for the same thing...now I have been on bed rest since then and I am now 35 weeks I get off bed rest at 36 weeks! I thank God every day for this baby staying in. But my last doc visit he told me the baby is lying oblique which isnt transverse but she is heads down on left side pelvis and her butt is up right side she is diagonal. he said I might haveto have a c-section if she doesnt turn..I am worried. Any suggestions...anyone had a transverse or oblique positioned baby. I know there is still some time for her to turn but given my history with contractions who knows if she will stay in full term...

Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: FTM oblique lie baby PTL

Babies can turn at the weirdest time. Just when you think they're not going to, BAM -- your stomach starts doing flip flops and it looks like an alien is trying to get out. LOL. When the time comes for her to start heading out she just may surprise you and get into position -- nature does wonderous things!

Also, you might ask your doctor about inversion (I think that's what it's called) when they manually move the baby. It doesn't sound like she's that far off from where she needs to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: FTM oblique lie baby PTL

with my ds at my 38wk ultrasound he was standing up feet down head up. but my the time they induced me he had turned. This time I am 25.5 weeks and since the beginning she has been sideways with her feet on my left hip and her head on the right hip.
We already knew I was mostlikely going to have a c-section because I had one with my son no because he was in disstress but because I didn't dialate in almost 24hrs of labor. But I was hoping to try again for a vaginal birth this time.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Closed Thread