It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
I'm feeling big kicks so why isnt anyone else?!

I'm 19wks now and have been feeling small kicks for a couple weeks. The kicks are starting to get much stronger and bigger but don't come as often as the small kicks. How long will it be before anyone else can feel them outside of my tummy? My DH can't wait much longer!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: I'm feeling big kicks so why isnt anyone else?!

With my first dh couldn't feel them until about 22 weeks and I had started feeling them at 17 weeks. It was very frustrating because they felt so strong to me but you have to remember that at 19 weeks the baby is still very tiny and you feel them so well because its your insides their beating up. This time around I was able to feel movement at 14 weeks and dh felt very slight movement at 19 weeks but I think part of that comes from knowing what to look for. You might also try suggesting that he tries feeling with the upper portion on his fingers (the middle knuckle to the finder tip) that part of the finger is most sensitive. It won't be long...hang in there!

Last edited by Tiffany13; 07-15-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

My DH was also very impatient and could not wait to feel the first kick. My DH felt the baby move at 21 weeks, so your DH should be feeling them very in the next few weeks. Hang in there.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Not much longer! And get him to sit near you in the evenings and when baby's most active (usually after you've eaten and/or in the evening or when you are winding down from the day).

Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
(female)

crossingXline HB User

thanks everyone! It was the funniest thing, DH has felt maybe 2 kicks before when he layed his head on my tummy. After I posted this last night we were laying in bed and DH was laying on my tummy and felt 4 huge kicks in a row! He couldn't stop smiling.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

My bf can finally feel constant kicks and movements. At first he felt one of the strong kicks maybe 2 weeks ago for the first time. Now at night he feels it he always say "What is he doing in there" He didnt believe me at first when i told him baby moves and kicks like crazy at some points. Now he really enjoys it and im 32 weeks. So mine was really late i didnt think that he would ever feel it. Dont worry im sure your dh will feel it ways sooner than 209 weeks. Im overweight so my extra padding played a big role....lol...but its the best thing in the world when you husband feels the kicks and he just cant stop smiling. Then he's going to get attached to your belly and want to feel all the time.

My bf felt my stomach last week and i said the baby's not moving right now and he said " Its ok i'll wait"...lol im like are you kidding me? lol Only a few more weeks left.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I honestly can't remember the first time DH felt our first daughter kick. I just wanted to throw in here that in a book I have, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, it does state that around 28 weeks that dad may be able to feel kicks. I think everyone is different of course. It probably has a lot to do with your size, the position of the baby etc. I wouldn't worry though. I know you want him to feel it too, but as long as you are feeling it, then at least you know all is well. Good luck and I hope he feels it soon!!!!

Closed Thread