It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

sarah100 HB User
Most embarrassing day ever! (TMI)

Hi everyone,

Now don't giggle but I've had the most embarrassing day ever!!! *Blush*

I've got the joys of pregnancy constipation and, although I can "go" in the end, it's a struggle and takes AGES! Anyway, I finally had to go and try at work this morning - which I hate - and after I'd been sat there for five minutes the stupid fire alarm went off and everyone had to leave!!!

Never been so embarrassed in my life - and I still haven't been!!!

Sarah.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
(female)

quibby84 HB User
Re: Most embarrassing day ever! (TMI)

Yikes!
Did they come in the bathroom and find you?
Well you can always use the excuse "Im pregnant", that works for every embarrassing situation right? hehe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

All I can say is that I sympathize with you! I have the same problem and when you finally get the chance to go, the last thing you need is something to interupt you!!! Poor thing. Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

So sorry! But since I've had hemorrhoid surgery, I have to say -- don't sit there struggling to go! You'll only exacerbate the hemm. issue.

I take a fiber tablet every day, and I make sure to eat high fiber breakfast cereal and lots of fruit and veggies, too. If it's hard, try a few stool softeners (colace is a brand name, but there are store brands that are much cheaper) -- make sure you buy the kind WITHOUT laxative.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
(female)

sarmee HB User

Oh my...a couple wks ago I was so constipated I thought I was going to have to have surgery to get it out. I would try and nothing worked....Thank God I now take Colace and eat a lot of fiber and will not let myself get that way again...The only thing that worked was an enema and after I did it I felt like I was going to have the baby right there. Just try and eat prunes and fiber daily to avoid it. Good luck !

Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

PRUNE JUICE. I was having horrible constipation and was only able to go about once a week. I was bloated and so uncomfortable. I tried stool softeners, fiber supplements, and drinking a ton of water, but nothing was helping. I wanted to cry! Then someone suggested prune juice. I went and got some at the store and drank a glass and within 15 minutes I was in the bathroom. Phew! Beware to only drink a very small glass at first - it's potent stuff (I learned that the hard way).

Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
(female)

lamby248 HB User

How embarrassing! I feel for you. I have been constipated too off and on, but mostly on. I was thinking about prune juice a few weeks ago, but then it seems like it gets better so I didn't get it, but I still have my bouts with it.

Closed Thread