It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
I don't understand!!!

I have been having symptoms of a yeast infection for a while now. I also ended up feeling as though I had a bladder infection so I made an extra appointment to go in and see my OB to see what was going on. They took a swab and sent it off to be tested for BV or a yeast infection. They also gave me a prescription for Macrobid for the possible bladder infection. So I took the prescription and just finished it yesterday. The bladder infection, if there was one, seems to have cleared up. However the other symptoms that I can only describe to be like a yeast infection have not went away and the office called me yesterday to tell me that the BV and yeast panels came back negative, meaning everything is fine and that I have NO infection. How can this be? If I don't have an infection of any sort, what else could be causing these symptoms? I am just frustrated and don't know how much longer I can put up with this. Any advice????

Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: I don't understand!!!

I have no clue of what it could be. I just got out of the hospital a couple hours ago. I has cramping and my stomach was getting really tight feeling, I had some spotting,vomiting,nasuea. I called the dr and he sent me to the hospital so I was hooked up to monitors the baby is fine I did have a few small contractions that they called normal. But come to find out I had a UTI but I didn't have any kinda of symptoms of that I didn't think. They said some of the symptoms was kinda like a yeast infections. I'm taking the antibotics so hopefully it will clear up what ever seems to be going on.
I just found it strange I went in with one kind of thing and ended up having something I didn't have any symptoms of.
I hope you feel better and they figure out what is going on with you I know it has got to be aggrivating and painfull.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Vaginal secretions in general are increased during pregnancy... could that be it? Are you wearing all cotton underwear?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Thanks for your response ladies! Yeah, I do wear all cotten underwear. Plus I wear a panty liner because of the increase in discharge. I did the same thing with my first daughter but NEVER had this to go a long with it. Like I said, the discharge all seems normal to me....same as I've always experienced. It's just the itching. I don't get what would be causing me to itch if I don't have an infection? Could it just be that I am becoming irritated by the increase in discharge? I never had that problem the first time around, but I know every pregnany is different....

Old 07-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Hey Delia, Hate to pop in on your post but I felt like I had to. I had the EXACT same stuff with my pregnancy with Madeline last year. It started around the 30 week mark and lasted until the 36 week mark...
I was tested for BV and yeast and yes, even genital herpes, and everything came back negative. It just felt like everything was VERY hot down there and sometimes the secretions burned and itched. I stopped wearing underwear to bed and changed my soap to Ivory.
I chalked it up to a pregnancy thing. It disappeared after I delivered! My doctor gave me something called Clindense or something like that...can't remember the exact name. This really helped!
I hope you feel better soon!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Antibiotics kill both good and bad bacertia in the body leaving it open to sickness, etc. If you have yeast problems you need to be drinking or eating probiotics yogurt. It is caused from an overgrowth of bad bacteria. Reduce or eliminate sugars and add fresh garlic to your meals like pasta. You can sure these things on your own without medications. There are also other natural things you can do from home to help this.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Yeah, the only problem is that the doctor said it's NOT a yeast infection or a bacterial infection. So apparently I have NO infection. I think it's just a pregnancy thing as well, like Laura said. Oh well, guess it's just one of those things I have to put up with. Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread