It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Another U/S

I dont ever get tired of seeing baby move on the little monitor. But i have had a million ultrasounds. I have heard people say they have to beg their doctors for an order to get an u/s. And they just cant get enough of my baby tumbling and rolling all around. My baby is a tumblers he kicks every now and them but i can feel him flipping most of the time. But he's kicking a little more because i guess the space is limited now that he'd gotten bigger.

My friend told me when she was pregnant the dr told her the estimate birthweight of the baby. Did anyone find this out yet?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: Another U/S

Hi sweetest I know how you feel I love all my u/s I have had 8 so far and I am only 23 weeks....LOL. We actually went for one to day and saw our little one. I never get tired of seeing him/her. We even got to take our DVD home today so I can look at all our scans thus far.

I have heard of the Dr's estimating the birth weight my dr gave us our baby's current weight today. 1.2 pounds / 568 grams. It is all so exciting.

Charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

They can estimate the baby's weight based on where you are at during the u/s, but anything about a birthweight would just be a guess. My babies were both big (8 lbs 14 oz and 9 lbs 7ozs) and they just kept telling me my due date was wrong and that they would be born earlier. Because they were IVF babies, I knew my due date was right, so it's not an exact science.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Estimating the baby's weight by ultrasound is very inaccurate. They sent me for an u/s when I was 37 weeks because the doctor thought she was really big. The results of that were that she was actually measuring 2 weeks behind schedule. I ended up having an 8 lb 11 oz baby on my due date. I think they say the further along you get, the more inaccurate the weight estimation by u/s becomes.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I think the only thing that gets MORE inaccurate as you progress is the EDD, since they computer calculation on-screen is based on size.

In my first pregnancy they kept estimating size and said that my DD would be really big. At 36 weeks the doctor said he wanted to induce at 38 weeks because he thought she was going to be huge. I failed the induction and ended up doing a c-section (all this was due to complications due to large fibroids).

In the end, the baby was 7 lbs, 1 oz! How was the doctor so off? Well, she's TALL! So, when the femur measurements were taken and a weight calculated from that, it turned out to be wrong. My DD is in the 90% for height and 40-50% for weight. <shrug>

Closed Thread