It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Too Early for Ligament Pain?

I am 7 weeks. Yesterday I started to have this dull, pull, achey, sometimes sharp pain on the left side of my groin area. Sorry, this is the best way for me to describe it. It lasts a few seconds and then goes. It has been coming and going. I remember having it with my son, but don't rememeber when it started. I am thinking it is round ligament pain, but am not sure if it is too early for that. I appreciate any input.

THANKS!

Last edited by blue_eyed_girl; 07-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: To Early for Ligament Pain?

i had round ligament pain from the beginning especially if i would stand up to quickly or sneeze while i was laying down. it would be a sharp pain then turn into a dull ache. even though you are early your uterus is still a lot bigger then it was before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User

The pains that you are describing were actually the reason I took a pregnancy test. That's how early I started to feel them. It's your uterus growing and I think it happens earlier and faster the 2nd time around (this is my 2nd pregnancy too). That's why we tend to look further along than we really are the second time around.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Thanks! This makes me feel better.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Blue, I'm 7 weeks and I have them too! It seems to be worse if I haven't been moving around (like at night).

Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

I have been having these pains too and asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to help relieve some of the pain and she suggested I purchase a maternity belt. It is suppose to help support the weight of your belly and not put so much pressure on those ligaments. Also it is supposed to help limit unnecessary "jiggling"/movement. I actually found one online for about $15.00 and I am waiting for it to arrive within the next couple of days.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
(female)

champswifey HB User
Question Re: To Early for Ligament Pain?

Well, I'm on my way this December with baby number two and I decided this time that since I had the resources to research round ligament, I would do it. Well, I'm discovering that everyone else that I have read about has lower abdominal pain but I have been having my pain in my upper abdomin especially on the left side just below my ribs (it's mid-ribbed about a full thumbs length from my sternum). When I had it with my first born, I thought I was getting shingles. It felt just like that. This time, I'm feeling it much earlier and it's even more painful. I've been able to relieve that pain most often but now I'm just concerned that it's not what I have. Has any one else had round ligament in their upper abdomen?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Too Early for Ligament Pain?

ive had pains like a couple finger widths below my boobs all the way around front to back. its like a band of pain. ive had them for a long time i dont remember exactly when it started but it was before i was 20 wks. i went to the er cuz i thought i was having a gallbladder attack it hurt so bad. turns out it is just from my rib cage stretching and bruising. now that im 30 wks and he can kick in that spot it hurts even worse. if i wear any type of bra for 2 long im in pain right around where the strap is in the front sides and into my back. also when i get these pains my ribs will feel like its going numb. maybe thats whats wrong with you too. unfortunately if that is what it is its only going to get worse

Closed Thread