It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Has anyone else ever heard of this?

I was at my OB's office last week due to a possible bladder infection. I had to see the nurse practicioner because it was a last minute appointment. Well, for some reason, I guess she didn't read my file, she thought I was there for a regular appointment. She came in and listened to the heartbeat, measured my stomach and said all looked good. She then went on to let me know that they were going to start having me be hooked up to the monitor and asked me if I had ever done that before? She said it's when they place the belt around your stomach and monitor the baby. I had done this once with my first daughter because my blood pressure was really high. I told her that I had that one time and she said ok and then went on to something else. Because I wasn't there for these reasons and actually had the bladder infection on my mind, I guess I just didn't think about it until later. When I did remember her saying this later on that night, I kept wondering what she was talking about and why they would do that? Our baby does have a single umbilical artery...could this be why they are doing it? And also, does this sound like a non stress test? I tried reading about all the different tests and while she didn't give a lot of information, it sounded like what she was talking about. I am going to be 30 weeks on Tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to have these on a regular basis? I could be dreaming but I almost feel like she had said it would be once every week or two weeks???? Does that seem like a lot???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Has anyone else ever heard of this?

When I was pg with DS when I got about 30 or 32 weeks they started doing non stress test I think if I remember correctly I did them at every other appt. being I was going once a week so every two weeks they hooked me up and monitored him.
When I found out that our DD had SUA they told me they would start monitoring her at about 30 weeks by putting her on the monitors for an hour. I don't know if it has to do with the sua or it's just normal being that I had to do it with DS.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 07-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

maybe its cuz the baby does have an SUA. i just found out i have GD and ive been lookin stuff up about it and read that a lot of times they will start doing the non stress tests and biophysical profiles. maybe they do this with all complications just to be safe. other then that maybe its just a routine thing your dr does. every dr does things a little differently. if you have questions you should call and ask them why they want to do that.

Last edited by sg1112; 07-18-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Thanks ladies! Tami, I was thinking it must be due to the SUA as well. My first daughter was born with two holes in her heart, and while I was definitely at the OB more than most, they never did the non stress testing except for the one time when my blood pressure was really high. I will be seeing my OB on Tuesday and after that appointment I start going every two weeks anyway. So I am sure I will find out more at my appointment. I was just curious about how often or how long those take because I only work part time and can't be taking off more time than I've already had to. They always have a knack of giving me an appointment right in the middle of my work schedule and they unfortunately aren't very flexible with appointment times, so I pretty much have to take what I can get.

Closed Thread