It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Yellow discharge??

Hi ladies,
First off, forgive me if this is TMI!!
Practically since I got a BFP (I'm now 11 weeks), I've had kind of clumpy discharge, which is sometimes white, and sometimes a yellow-ish color. I've had many yeast infections in the past, and I don't think that's what this is because there is absolutely no itching. I have no other symptoms of infection other than the fact that it is sometimes yellow. Now, it's kind of hard to say if it's yellow looking because I normally only see it when I go pee, or if it's the actual discharge (I don't know if the urine would "dye" it yellow anyway...).
I was not at all concerned about this until a couple of days ago when it occurred to me that I think I've read in the past, any discharge that isn't clear or white could mean an infection. Anybody have the same thing? I don't have my first OB appointment for 2 weeks (Aug. 5), and it would take about that amount of time to get in to see my gp as well. I can go to a walk-in clinic though, if it could be serious (although I would hate it!). Any ideas?

Whiskers

Old 07-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Yellow discharge??

it might be a bacterial infection. if you call you ob because you suspect you have an infection they will more then likely have you come in even if they dont have any openings. the longer you let it go the harder it is to clear up and they dont wanna take any chances of it causing a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
(female)

4bbbbzmom HB User

Hi,
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I have that also. I don't know for sure, but my theory is that this is the result of taking vitamins with B vitamins in them. They definitely change the color of urine and I suspect the discharge as well. Just a possibility.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Whiskers,
I have this same thing too. I will be 30 weeks on Tuesday and have had it the whole time. I was just checked a few weeks ago and I have no infection so I think it's normal, but if you are concerned give your OB a call and I am sure they will see you right away...they did for me!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Sounds normal to me. Vaginal discharge increases (sometimes dramatically) during pregnancy. I would imagine that if there was an infection you would have some other symptoms (burning, itching, irritation, etc.).

Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Thanks for the replies!
Good to know that others have the same thing. I'm not overly concerned about it, because I know I had this kind of discharge with my last pregnancy (which ended at 7 weeks in mc), and I thought it was a yeast infection with the kind of clumpy discharge, but in the end I don't think that it was either. It doesn't really bother me at all, I just figured it was okay because I know increased discharge in pregnancy is normal... I think I'll just wait the 2 weeks and ask ob about it then. I guess it was just the yellow part that made me wonder...
Thanks again!

Whiskers

Closed Thread