It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
question

hi guys was wondering what everyones views are on this

what is your birth plan ( i am currently doing this and not sure what is for best ) I am going to speak to midwife however would be nice to get other poeples views

i am 28 weeks pg and am getting soooo nervous about the birth i have talked it over with dh and he said the technology these days are amazing and i will be looked after its not like the old days whereas it was limited i suppose as i am obese i am starting to be concerned now what if any thing went wrong with me or baby during labour i am a first time mom and what put my mind atease is 1000's of women give birth a year and go and have another child so suppose its pre labour nerves.

hope your all ok i am now counting the weeks and bought a little snow suit today its soooooo cute with little ears on top cant wait to fit onto baby

Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: question

my plan was just to go in when i start labor, get an epidural, and push the baby out, simple as that. but now that i just found out i have GD my plan is just to do what the dr thinks is best. if he thinks it would be better for the baby to take him early then thats what ill do. also since GD babies tend to be bigger i may need a c-section cuz my pelvis is tilted and a large baby would probably get stuck. i am nervous about labor but im more nervous about the baby bein ok then anything else. i cant wait til hes born so i dont have to worry about my health effecting him anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: question

I think it's best to just go in with an open mind if you can. Try not to plan on anything for sure, because of course, you won't know what is going to happen until it happens. That is what I did the first time around and it seemed to go well, pretty much. I of course planned on getting an epidural, having minimal pain and a wonderful experience. While it was a wonderful experience regardless, my epidural wore off so I certainly wasn't without pain. But again, I just did what my doctor and nurses told me to do and overall I think it all turned out just fine. You just never know how these things are going to pan out...you may be ok not having any drugs at all, or you might feel like you can't do without them. Either way is ok. You might be able to deliver vaginally without an episiotomy, or you may need one. You may have to have a c-section. It's just hard to know exactly what to expect because ANYTHING can happen. So like I said, go in with an open mind and do the best you can. Everything will turn out just fine!!!

Closed Thread