It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
preeclampsia question...any input would help

this might sound kinda stupid but do you have to have high blood pressure to have preeclampsia? i mean is it possible to have it and still have normal blood pressure? i have GD so im at an increased risk for this. i have some symptoms like dizziness and fatigue and ear ringing sometimes and occasional headaches but i have normal blood pressure (110/73 at last appt) no protein in urine and no swelling. since my blood pressure is normal does this mean i dont have it?

Old 07-20-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: preeclampsia question...any input would help

Hmmm, I am not sure. I had high blood pressure with my first pregnancy but never had preeclampsia, so maybe it could go the other way as well. I think preeclampsia is just a group of things going on, not just one. I am not sure if you have to have all of those things going on to be considered for it or not. I know my doctor just told me I had pregnancy induced hypertension. Never a mention of preeclampsia. This time around my blood pressure has been much like yours is. 106/60 at my last appointment. Go figure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

topdoris HB User

hi hun i get checked at all my ante natal appts and they check the water blood etc im sure the mid wife would know if you have preclamspia i would mention you concerns to your doctor at least he can put your mind at rest

Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I have read that high blood pressure is one of the key symptoms. So i think that there is no way to have it with low/normal blood pressure. I think the other symptoms that you have i think are just normal unless your dr. say otherwise. Unless those symptoms are because of high blood pressure you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

Hi, preeclampsia is a set of conditions in pregnant woman, it usually presents itself as high BP and protien in urine, and another symptom like liver or kidney blood panels showing issues, swelling or fast reflexes. 99% of the time you need high bp for the dr. to even think about Pre-E, I just had it and delivered my twins early. My symptons were High BP, fast reflexes, swelling, low platelets, trace protein and headaches. The headache is completely different from any you probably ever had and its really severe and doesn't go away with pain medicine and you usually see spots in your vision. It sounds like you have normal pregnancy issues but I would talk to your doc to be sure.

Closed Thread