It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User
February mom's part 3

Ok ladies look like the other thread got to long so I started a new one.Hope all mommies and babies are well.

Hi Xin thanks it is cool to talk about the twins.

Hey Teach well gaining only 11 pounds so far is not a lot and considering how much more you have to gain doesnt leave much time to put on the pounds so I dont understand why OB made that comment.Well my tummy is getting bigger I must say as I reach my second trimester this week defently looking bigger.I can relate on eating to much I have done that once or twice and I know it doesnt feel good.The thing is not like I eat that much but usually after having lunch I am so bloated and just dont feel to good sometimes.I know our stomachs have gotten smaller since they are cramped up high now but I just dont understand why I feel that way at times.As for your iron I would defently stress it to your OB next time.So 2 weeks is the big day huh cant wait to find out either.Hope you had a good weekend.Take care.

Eva

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User
Re: February mom's part 3

Eva-Thanks for the encouraging words!!! We went to a wedding last night and everyone thought I was small for twins, so that made me feel better. Maybe OB was just being sarcastic!! DH will be at my next appt. so maybe he will be able to tell more about what OB has to say. I do think OB has been down for b/w, and I will ask about the iron. I can't belive you are at 12 weeks!!! That is such an amazing milestone!! Well, I'm glad all is well with you. I think we will just have to learn to eat lots of small meals throughout the day!!!!

Take Care Feb. Mommies!!!
Teach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I feel so behind! I've just hit the 8 week milestone yesterday (EDD 2/28), so I sit here thinking... oh no, another month (or more!!!) of m/s -- ack! And at least 8 more weeks until the Level 2 u/s where we can find out if it's a boy or girl (let the shopping begin!!). sigh. I know it passes quickly, but it's hard to be the last one in the group...

My m/s seems to hit everyday around 10 am and lasts for 1-3 hours. I guess it could be worse, right? (Well, it WAS worse with my DD...)

Because of my fibroids my uterus was already extended (approx. 10-12 weeks size) so with the baby and it growing even more, all of my clothes are tight already. How annoying. I actually wore a maternity top last week to an event because it provided the most room and was most comfortable. I think I'm getting to the point where I don't really care if people think I'm fat (I already am, so what's a little more, right?), so I'll just start wearing the maternity clothes. If strangers ask, I'll just tell them I'm due in November or December... ha ha ha.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Teach no problem I really dont think you gained much weight just yet.I have gained the same amount and I am only 12 weeks So dont even worry about it.Maybe OB was being sarcastic who knows.I cant believe I am 12 weeks either time is flying by.I am a bit sad my mom has been here visiting from overseas and she is leaving on Wednesday it was nice having her here for a month and a half I am just sad that she wont be here for the rest of my pregnancy.I am dreading taking her to the airport.The good thing is DH and I will get our alone time again I just wish she lived here but in her own house..............lol.I adore her but its not easy living in the same house as your mom.Thank god we are leaving for vacation this weekend.Hope you and the twins are well.

Xin sorry to hear you are sick I can imagine its not fun.Glad to hear you reached 8 weeks thats good.Well hang in there the m/s will hopefully subside soon.Take care.

Eva

Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

amanda26 HB User

Hi all! I really don't have much to report. I am just so tired! I gained 70 lbs w/ my last so I am going to have to watch it this time. I had just lost it all before getting preggo again too. I feel kinda out of the loop. Everyone seems to know everyone quite personally on here already. I don't go back to the doc until 2 more weeks. I will be 10 weeks on Thursday.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

February Mom's 2009 Due Dates

whiskersonkitten - 2/6----------
lostnconfused - 2/9-------------
cutemonica - 2/13--------------
meluca - 2/23------------------
Pam73 - 2/27------------------
Amy333 - 2/28-----------------
Xinerevelle - 2/28--------------
Amanda26 - 2/19---------------
Eva77 - 2/03-------------------twins
GraceAnne2009 - 0/00----------
barton93 - 0/00----------------

Please feel free to copy text and make any changes or additions.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Eva well done on reaching the 12 week mark I am so excited for you and the twins. I hope that everything continues to go well for you and the twins. I am sorry that your mom has to leave and that she will not be with your for the remainder of your pg, but at least you and DH will get to have some alone time as well as a good vacation. How long are you going away for? I hope you travel safely. Will you be able to get online?

Xin I hope your m/s subsides soon.

Amanda as for being tired I hope that you feel better soon. i continued to be exhasted till 17 weeks. I hope you managed to keep your weight down this time around, but I say as ong as your little one is healthy who cares.

I hope all the other Feb moms are doing well.

Charlene

Last edited by Namibia; 07-21-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

hi everyone,
sounds like all is well with us feb moms.
i'm doing so much better these days and am now counting down to aug. 5 when i go in for a sonogram !!

take care,
m

Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Amy how are you and Jeremy doing???? How is the m/s? I hope you are coping.

Thinking of you
Charlene

Old 07-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Thank you Charlene. Actually it was a bad wek for us. I had to be hospitalised due to severe dehydration....it was horrible. I was throwing up every sip of water i drank. To top it all i have diarrhea sorry TMI the first few weeks of pregnancy. Back home over the week end and doing slighlty better ......dr warned me it might happen again.
On a more positive note i was closely monitored and gopt to see the h/b and my little beanie....all s well.
Jeremy s doing great.....i am so lucky to have such a happy baby..........as long as he s near me or his daddy he s content and doesn t cry.

I ve tried everything that exists to deal with m/s nothing helps........at times i even throw up in the middle of the night....i wonder why they call it m/s and not 24hr sickness.lol

So glad that all s going on well with the feb moms..

Eva ....wow soon onto the 12 week mark congrats my friend.

Xin....sorry about your m/s........btw just past 8 weeks for me too so i know what you mean.can t wait to get to the 12 week mark.

Take care ladies.

Amy

Old 07-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Amy I am so sorry to hear that your all day sickness is soooo bad and that you had to be hospitalized for dehydration, it must have been awful, but I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I sure hope that it does not happen again. I am also glad to hear that Jeremy is well and such a happy baby. You and DH are doing a wonderful job with him. I am glad you got to hear the h/b of your little angel again and that everything is going well with your beanie. WOW 8 weeks already, that is a milestone on its own.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love
Charlene

Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Amy, I'm sorry to hear the morning sickness is so bad!! I can't believe you had to be hospitalized due to dehydration!! My heart goes out to you! I really hope the sickness eases up soon & you do not get dehydrated like that again. Thinking of you & your family.

Holly

Old 07-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Oh Amy I am so sorry to hear about your m/s being so bad and I had been really thinking about you.On the other hand so glad your little one is well.I hope the m/s goes away real soon and you dont have to go through this again.Take care and also glad to hear Jeremy is well and he is such a good baby.

Charlene thanks for checking in on me DH and I are so happy that all is going so well and that I have reached the 12 week mark of course I wont stop worrying but I really should cause everything has been going great so far.I will see my babies on Friday thank god and then off on vacation.I dont think I will bring my laptop I think this should be a time for DH and I to just enjoy eachother cause who knows next year how crazy things will be around here.........lol.Take care.

Glad to hear all the Feb mommies are doing well.

Eva

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Hi Eva- I'm glad things are still going well!! I'm sure you are very anxious for your vacation! We are going out of town for the weekend and I also am not taking the laptop. We have always said that trips are for us, so I know what you mean!! This will be our last trip as a couple...the next one will be a family trip!!! (That sounds so amazing!! ) Well, I'm glad things are going well. When is your next appt?

Take care Feb mommies!!
Teach

Old 07-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi ladies,

How is everyone doing today? I feel out of the loop because I forgot that our other thread was closed, and so I just kept thinking "wow, everyone must be really busy lately..."!
I'm doing okay--my nausea seems to be getting slightly better, although some days I wonder if it'll ever end. I'll be 12 weeks on Friday, so I'm hoping it won't last too long past that (although I can't help but worry that I'll be one of the unlucky few who have it their entire pregnancy!). I'm greatful though, that it hasn't been nearly as bas as some of the other ladies! Amy, I don't know if I've ever known anyone to have it as terrible as you do! Poor thing...
I've had a tiny bit more spotting, and every time that happens I get SO worried, and I'm running to the bathroom to check out what's going on every 10 minutes. I know they say 12 weeks is a big milestone, but I'm just really excited to get through the 12th week, and hit number 13. I think I'll feel a huge weight off my chest at that point.
I can't remember when I could feel my uterus in my last pregnancy. Can anybody feel theirs yet? I just remember with ds one morning laying in bed, I had placed my hand on my lower tummy, and it was hard as a rock! I'm excited to feel that again.
Have a great day, everyone!

Whiskers

Closed Thread