It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User
Does anyone else hate to eat?

I'm 13 weeks right now. I'm nauseous a lot, but no vomiting. I hate eating. Everything tastes like crap and I have no appetite. I feel guilty because I'm not sure the baby is getting all the nutrients it needs.

This morning I ate an omelette, a few pretzels since then to ward of nausea, and nothing else. Now it's pass dinnertime and I have no desire to eat.

I remember being a little like this with my first, but not as bad (I did have a lot of vomiting with her).

Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: Does anyone else hate to eat?

I also went through stages where nausea got the best of me and I did not feel like eating, but I forced my self for the sake of my baby. I have read that the baby will take everything that it needs from you whether you have eaten or not. Try and eat small regular meals, rather than large ones.

I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Hi Ament!

Sorry to hear about your nausea. I have it, too. I'm 8 weeks. I've found that my nausea gets BETTER when I eat something. I've read in a couple of places that nausea might be caused (in part) because of low blood sugar. I just have a snack and move on.

I hope you can at least keep your prenatal vitamins down!

Christine

Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I have not been vommiting--just nausea and horrendous headaches.

I forced down oatmeal for breakfast, a little chicken, and a glass of oj. Still taking the prenatals daily. I'm still breastfeeding the first as well. Kinda scared for the developing baby, but I'm having a horrible time eating anything.

Hope it passes soon.

Thanks everyone.

Closed Thread