It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
(male)

choclate HB User
Thumbs down 7 weeks - A little discharge - Or just nothing??

Hey there,

I thought I should update you on this one. We went to the doctor by the end of week 7. The child has got the heart beat and the growth is at a week 7 level too. So things are pretty good at the moment.

There is one concern that arose last night. After coming back from the doctor and having a vaginal ultrasound she went to the washroom (after about 2 hours) and there were three spots. They were not really the spots that she saw last time (We have had a miscarriage at week 8 before). She wears glasses and couldn't really see them properly. They were that small. Optimistic she is. She assumed them to be something due to vaginal ultrasound (although it never happened before but then its pregnancy). And after that nothing came out in the next 3 or 4 times she passed urine till the day end and then didn't have anything during night and morning. We were scared to death. Same were the days when it all started last time. I am still very curious and afraid. But, the trend is obviously different, no symptoms have been lost, nausea are right there everything is almost the same. Breast tenderness is there too and she is exhausted of throwing up.

But, I am still concerned. I know it is a whole difficult process. Can these three tiny spots which were like a FULL STOP we mark by a pen (as she explained it) be a cause of any concern. I mean things would have happened with females and you would know many of them I think. Can this be something that came from the vaginal walls as the ultrasound device went in.

I know you people have explained it that the bumps on the road are of no concern (mostly) but can this little hickup be due to physical activity at office a few bumps on the road. Should she quit job. Would that help. I know its not very wrong at this moment but it might go that way and we are looking to avoid it.

She is doing a lucrative 6 figure job.
Please advise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User
Re: 7 weeks - A little discharge - Or just nothing??

I would say that they were probably from the vaginal ultrasound. (something to do with the blood vessels-same reason pregnant women spot after a pap smear) Spotting is not uncommon in early pregnancy. If it was just a few spots and has stopped I would not worry. If you want peice of mind call the doctor to make sure.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I would say that these are due to the vag u/s....the cervix is very delicate...especially at early stages of preg. The same thing may happen with sex. What you can do to further put your mind at reast is discuss the issue with your dr.
On certain cases it is also reccommended not to have sex for the first few weeks especially if you ve been through m/c. It depends on your history.

Are you the same guy who was on the TTC board ? Don t know if you remember me.CONGRATULATIONS so happy to read that you and your wife made it. WAs it through IUI or naturally?

Wishing you happy healthy months ahead.

Amy

Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

As Amy said, the cervix is very sensitive in early pregnancy and can bleed very easily. Most pregnancy books and doctors even advise patients that they can bleed a little after intercourse due to the cervix.

If it doen't happen again, and there is no cramping, I would forget about it and move on. I know that's hard, as I had a m/c at 9 weeks last year, and I'm just 8 weeks now. So, I'm right there with you guys.

Oh, and tell her to wear her glasses into the bathroom. LOL

Christine

Closed Thread