It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Will I ever have my energy back?

The first trimester I stayed exhausted but I was told that was really normal and expected. Most books/people I've talked to said around second trimester your energy really boosts back up and thankfully mine did for a few weeks. I'm at 21wks now from about 15-19wks I had lots of energy and felt great. The past couple weeks I feel like I'm 8wks pregnant again, just constantly drained and could sleep the day away. I have a very noticeable belly now and it seems like even turning over or getting off the couch is a physical work out. Could this be why im so tired or do some people just not get the energy back they hoped for? My doctor said he'd be testing me at next appointment to check my hemoglobin levels.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: Will I ever have my energy back?

I am the same way I have days where I am full of energy and ready to do anything but then the rest of the time I am so tired. I was told being tired all the time would pass too and I guess it did in some way I do have my days when I feel good so I try to look at it that way.
I'm 26wks now and I'm not huge or like everyone tells me I'm not really big but you can tell I am pregnant. Everything is getting hard to do getting off the couch taking a shower. It was really funny now but when my hormones are on high it's not funny but I was cooking and tried to get something out of the cabinet and my belly got in the way I almost started crying I have to get a step stool so I can get stuff and my belly not be in the way. I was told that my hormones was like my energy it would all settle down and get back to a normal range but mine hasn't at all if not it has got alot worse.I have noticed I am alot more hormonal now for some reason I take everything personally when I shouldn't. I've been giving DH hell for a couple weeks now because I take everything he does and says the wrong way. I'm unconfortable with the way I look and feel less attractive so when he says or does something I think he sees me the same way unattractive and he doesn't.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

I feel the same way some days I have lots of energy and other days I just want to sleep or relax on the couch. My energy levels were good from 18-22 weeks and now I am starting to take strain.

I am now 24 weeks and some things seem like so much effort. Trying to get comfortable in bed is a mission on its own. Getting off the couch has also become a bit of a difficult task. I did not think that I would feel like this so soon. I am definatley not complaining and I am loving every moment of being pregnant.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I'm the same. I have had days and weeks where my energy is sky high, and then I can go for weeks wanting to sleep all the time. However, I have a thyroid condition, so I get tired easily and quickly. My dr told me that I will probably never really get my energy back during the pregnancy.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i havent had any energy since i got pregnant and im now 31 wks! i think its probably different for everyone as everyone responds differently to pregnancy. there are some women who while pregnant say they never felt better and then theres people like me who dont even remember what its like to feel good. i would say you will get your energy back when the baby is born and starts sleeping through the night. im not expecting to have mine back til then but o well thats what you go through to have a baby. im sure it will be worth it in the end when you get back to sleeping good having energy and not having aches and pains all the time anymore. i cant wait for that time to come!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
(female)

proudmommaoftwo HB User

Hey~ I was the same way. My DD is now 6 weeks but man I had NO energy my whole pregnancy. During my second trimester my doctor did a lot of blood work but everything was normal. He basically said lay down when you feel drained or like you just can't take anymore. Easy to say but hard to do when you have an 8 year old and a 2 year old at the time. My 8 year old was in school all day but my 2 year old only took a two hour nap and when she awoke she was ready to GOOOOOOOO! Try to sleep or rest when you can.

Closed Thread