Basically if it isn't made in nature, it is not real. Aspartame is HORRIBLE for everyone, it is completely manufactered chemicals. This toxic poison changes into formaldehyde in the body and has been linked to migraines, seizures, vision loss and symptoms relating to lupus, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other health destroying conditions (even Gulf War Syndrome). It also makes you fat.Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer. It is also an excitotoxin which excites brain cells to death and causes nerve damage. I could go on and on and on about this stuff. Avoid this, why this stuff is approved for comsumption is beyond me. Try using Stevia for a sweetner instead, is it from an herbal source and more natural.