It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
aspartame

is aspartame safe during pregnancy? now that i have GD im not supposed to have sugar and sugar free jello is a free food meaning it doesnt have any carbs or sugar. ive been snacking on that when im hungry cuz it doesnt effect my blood sugar but i just noticed it is sweetened with aspartame and am wondering if i should stop eating this.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
Re: aspartame

I"ve never heard anything good about this. I know it's not resarched by the FDA to be "safe" during pregnancy. I was taking Metamucil that was sugarfree and called the doctor cause I realized it had aspartame in it and the said not to worry but to go get some that wasn't sugar free. So, what's that really say for it. I actually don't trust any of those artificial sweetners....I kinda think it's all a little shady. You can do a search on this board on aspertane....I know at one point I did to read everyone's input on it. I'm not sure if it's just another one of those things that they say not to do. It's so hard to tell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: aspartame

Basically if it isn't made in nature, it is not real. Aspartame is HORRIBLE for everyone, it is completely manufactered chemicals. This toxic poison changes into formaldehyde in the body and has been linked to migraines, seizures, vision loss and symptoms relating to lupus, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and other health destroying conditions (even Gulf War Syndrome). It also makes you fat.Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Remember the smelly, eye watering fumes from the frogs you dissected in school? They were preserved with Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer. It is also an excitotoxin which excites brain cells to death and causes nerve damage. I could go on and on and on about this stuff. Avoid this, why this stuff is approved for comsumption is beyond me. Try using Stevia for a sweetner instead, is it from an herbal source and more natural.

Closed Thread