It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 05:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User
C-Section deliveries..

Just wondering how long it took to fully recovery from a csection??? I'm starting to feel like myself my incision hurts at times but it's bearable... As of last week (4days after baby) I lost 25lbs but still look like I'm at least 5 month pregnant only it's more of a scaggy tummy = (

Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: C-Section deliveries..

I got a MRSA infection in my c-section incision, so my recovery was longer than normal. I remember thinking at about 2 weeks that I was "fine" as far as moving around and fatigue and stuff, but 2 weeks later I could look back and see that I was even better then. I would even say that 2 weeks after that I had the same thoughts.

In general, don't be surprised if it takes you months and months to take off the weight, since it took you months and months to put it on. NO ONE expects a newly delivered momma to be wearing normal everyday clothes the first few weeks. Wear what comfy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
(female)

cristydb HB User

I had mine 7 1/2 years ago... had staples at incision site. After those were removed 7 days after delivery I felt much better.. could move more freely. It took about another week to feel "normal". Im not sure if this is normal but the area above the incision (three inches) felt numb for about three years... feels normal now. My doctor was not concerned. Took a few months for my tummy to get back to normal. Good luck and congrats!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

stonebonner HB User

I had a c-section 5 months ago. It took a good 2 weeks before I felt no pain in that area. As far as the weight loss goes, it is frustrating. I gained 50 pounds with my pregnancy and I still have 15 more to go. I lost the first 25 easily and the next 10 were tough. I can't seem to get these last 15 off. I work out 5 days a week and eat healthy, but the scale does not budge. Hang in there. You just had the baby so enjoy right now and after 6 weeks when you get the okay from the doc to work out you can start worrying about the weight. Congrats on your new baby!

Closed Thread