It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Weight gain in my belly and how to keep it off every where else!

I'm 21wks and total I've gained 9lbs. My belly is big but my face is also filled out and my legs are a bit bigger..I know this is normal and expected but I was just wondering some other ladies opinions. I understand everyone gains weight differently, diff times, places ect but just wondering your guys' experiences. My DH can't stand when I'm upset about my weight and quite frankly not only does it slightly annoy him I think it hurts his feelings. I'm loving and embracing every day of pregnancy but lets be honest, sometimes it's depressing when you feel like a hot air balloon or you see thin ladies running around in their bikinis. Not only is my belly big but my limbs aren't what they used to be either. Some days I feel beautiful other days I feel huge. How do we gain baby weight without losing the rest of our shape?!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Weight gain in my belly and how to keep it off every where else!

Hi there,
I wonder the same thing! I just wrote a post about weight gain in the first trimester, because although I REALLY try not to (especially in pregnancy), I tend to obsess about my weight. I am normally a healthy 115lbs and I'm only 5'2, so when I put on any weight, you can really tell. At 12 weeks, I've already gained 7lbs, and I think most of it is in the belly (this is my third pregnancy--2nd one ended at 7 weeks, so I think I "popped" early), although I can tell that I'm beginning to gain some in my face and arms as well, which I HATE. I think it just has to do a lot with your body type, and where you tend to gain weight easily, pregnant or not. I totally know how you feel seeing those thin ladies walking around, looking so nice in their bathing suits or summer clothes, and I feel like I'm just so gross and flabby looking (particularily because I'm still very bloated, and my tummy isn't really hard yet). I'm also so jealous when I see those pregnant women who ONLY seem to get a belly, and still look thin everywhere else!
With my ds, I also gained weight in the face and limbs, by the end of my pregnancy I looked quite a bit heavier all around, however I only gained the recommended 35lbs.
So, I have no answers for you (hopefully somebody will know how we can keep this weight off the rest of our bodies!), but I wanted to let you know you're not alone!!

Whiskers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i dont think theres really anything you can do about it. you can do light exercises to try to keep your arms and legs toned but other then that i think its just something you are going to have to deal with until the baby is born and you can start dieting and doing harder exercises. some women are only pregnant in the belly and some get pregnant all over. are you by any chance having a girl? i was just wondering cuz i have heard that with girls you are pregnant all over and with boys you are all belly. im having a boy and you can only tell im pregnant in the belly from the back i look the same as always. im 31 wks and have gained about 35 ibs but is just in the belly and boobs.

Last edited by sg1112; 07-23-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

SG thanks for the exercise tips.. Now what about my fat nose. Since i've gotten pregnant i realized last month that my nose is so huge and puffy....i cant believe this. my weight have been the same for the last 5 months. Thank God! But my nose i think is just too much do you know if this will go away after the baby is here? How can my fat go to my nose...does that make sense?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i read on one of the baby websites that some womens noses spread when they are pregnant. its supposed to be one of the signs you are having a boy but i dont know how much i believe all that cuz i think mine still looks the same. i think its supposed to go back to normal after the baby is born but everyone is different so its hard to say for sure. unfortunately you cant exercise your nose so there isnt anything you can do about it

Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

stonebonner HB User

After having 3 babies, my last 5 months ago, I have determined there is nothing you can do to prevent the spread everywhere else. With my first I didn't even look like me I was so big. I gained 95 lbs and it was everywhere. My second was a bit better. My third I worked out 5 days a week and ate healthy. Even doing all that I still gained 50 pounds and my legs, butt, and arms are still big. I have lost 35 pounds, but my body is totally different than it was before the pregnancy. It all has to do with your body type. I have friends who had a belly and nothing else and they ate whatever they wanted and never saw the gym. Try and not worry too much. Just think, this is the first time in your life you don't have to try and be skinny and keep the weight off.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
(female)

lamby248 HB User

I don't think there is much you can do about where you gain the weight. I think it is just how your body is made up. This is my third pregnancy, I am working out everyday and running 5 days a week. I have still gained 15 lbs already and I am only 18 weeks.

I think when I first got pregnant and I became more diligent with the workouts, I could see a difference in my arms, but now that I have gotten a little farther along and gained more, I don't see it. I am just hoping to stay around the 35 lbs range.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I have to say I think it's genetics. Fortunately for me, my mom passed down wonderful genes to me. I am ALL belly!!!! Which is good, but also very uncomfortable. My belly is so big at this point (35 weeks) and it's hard for the rest of my body to support it. I have gained a total of 23 pounds so far and I am pretty sure it's all right in the middle.

Closed Thread