It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
stretch marks

i had been doing sooo good and didnt have a single stretch mark on me. im 31 wks and in like the past week i have started to get them. i have them on the bottom of my boobs and a couple on the top. i have also started getting them on the sides of my hips and i think theres one starting on the bottom of my belly but i cant really see it cuz i cant see that part of me anymore unless i use a mirror. it just seems like they started popping up over night. i was soo hoping i would be able to get through this without any. they are red and disgusting. will these fade after he is born? is there anything i can use after he is born to help them fade faster? i wanna be able to wear bathing suits and look nice again. im especially worried about my boobs. i dont want them to be all stretched out and nasty. im hoping i dont get TOO much bigger so i dont get big deep ones on my stomach. i know i probably wont ever look the same again but i would like to get pretty close.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: stretch marks

Unfortunately for us, my doctor said that the last 7 to 8 weeks the baby grows the most so good luck to you on that. But the growing is good for baby...i try to keep this in mind but i want my body back....

There is some mederma cream that worked for me it didn't make them disappear like i wanted like the jar said they would but it did take the yucky color away and made them blend in with my skin tone. I can feel them on my but you really cant see unless your staring pretty darn hard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

I have been pretty lucky so far, fingers crossed it stays that way till she pops out in a few weeks time. What I have been warned though is that you should not lose weight too quickly if you want to avoid creating stretch marks from that. I always thought you would just get them when you gain weight, but apparently if you lose the baby weight too quickly you can get them then as well.

As to what to do about any you already have, the only help I can offer is that time really does help them to fade. When my friend had her baby she had really angry red looking stretch marks all over her belly. By the time her son was one they looked nothing near as bad as they had been. They had faded and gone all pale and silvery. I hope that is some consolation.

PS - they are the marks of being a mummy, so try and embrace them as part of the whole creating process.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Use a pure vitamin E oil on them. It is natural withot the chemicals and other junk. It usually comes in a small bottle and you only use a small amount as it is a thicker oil.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Sorry, ladies, but stretch marks are a function of your genetic background, and you're not going to stop them. The expensive creams may make them feel better, but they aren't going to help. Just think of them as battlescars!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Prior warning too to those who think they are getting away without them....I had not one single sign of a strech mark throughout my entire pregnancy the first time. But as soon as DD arrived, they reared their ugly head!!! So just because you don't see them now doesn't mean that they aren't lurking around waiting to pop up once your baby is born. They aren't pretty, but a part of life and a part of pregnancy for most of us.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

Although we may not be lucky enough not to get them the bright side is that they do fade with time. They will usually shrink in size and the purple/reddish color will fade and they will turn back to a color close to your skin tone. Some will fade faster than others you just have to give it time.

Closed Thread