It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
weight loss

at my 30 wk appointment on the 16th i had gained a total of 35 pounds. i also found out at that appointment that i have GD. i have since put myself on a diabetic diet and have cut out sweets and limit my carbs, all the things im supposed to do with GD. im not trying to lose weight or anything but i think i may have lost a couple pounds. is that ok? i dont want to hurt the baby by losing weight but i cant eat like i used to or that will hurt him too. im worried that im not eating enough. i go to the dietician tomorrow and ill ask her about it but i was wondering if anyone had some input that may help til then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
Re: weight loss

As long as you are eating healthy, the baby is fine. Plus, even if you werent eating well, the baby will take what it needs from you. At that time, it would be you that is losing nutrients. Weight loss can cause worring, but I lost about 10lbs in the first trimester, and another 6 lbs between wks 20 and 21 because I had a stomach virus. I was worried, but my dr was not. If your baby is growing, you should feel good about the nutrients that he/she is getting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread