It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Hair growth

For the last three months i have noticed more hair under my arm and more body hair on my legs my hair has gotten thicker i didnt want to shave because i feel it will grow back thicker....I had hair on my belly before like everyone of course but now you can actually see it and feel it.

However my hair on my head is basically broken off, it used to be perfect for me then when i first got pg it had gotten thicker and now im afraid its going to be gone. Anyone having this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
(female)

cdownes3 HB User
Re: Hair growth

I have noticed the same things hapenning top me. I have hair on my belly that is rather noticable and thick hair on my legs and under arms. This is my third child so I know from experience it goes away it is just one of those wonderful things we have to deal with through this great thing called pregnancy. I hope that helps to ease your mind a little. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

it really does i was starting to think it wasnt related to the pregnancy. Now all i have to do is get my hair on my head better its so damaged i dont even want to put any chemical in it.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Pink I have the EXACT same problem. The hair on my head got thick then started falling out and breaking off! I noticed the thin blonde hairs on my tummy and chest turned dark and thick. I had more body hair than my DH it was embarrassing especially in a swimsuit. My leg and arm hair didn't get thicker but grew much quicker. Just in the past two weeks I've been using hair removal Nair and it works perfectly. It is safe to use on your tummy and it makes it so smooth! The huge bonus is not staying bent over in the shower trying to shave your legs. Just take a washcloth and rub the cream off and it made my body feel better than any razor! It is all party of pregnancy and at first I was just going to let nature run its course but then when I noticed my happy trail was darker and thicker than DH's I had to do something. Either way its normal and another one of those little downers but all worth it. If you decide to do something about it the shower Nair is awesome.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

i definately will try that. luckily we have not tolong along to go. Thank you.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

Oh thank God! I have naturally blonde hair and have never had a problem with dark hair on my body.....until now! It's just in the tummy area....I guess you would call it the "happy trail". This didn't happen with my first pregnancy so I was really confused. Glad to see I'm not alone....but it is embarassing still

Old 07-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

I have the same problem I have now started waxing my tummy b/c it got really hairy and dark. I have always had a 'garden' path due to my PCOS but now it is on my whole tummy. I am pleased to hear that it goes away.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Ahh! Waxing?! I mean of course I thought about it but the skin on my tummy is already pulled so tight I can't help but wonder if it world hurt even worse! The nair or veet works wonders but I'm sure waxing keeps it gone the longest. I just can't imagine waxing such tight/sensitive skin. If you can take it that's awesome!!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Crossing, waxing is not so bad and it is actually not sore at all. I think b/c the skin is so tight it hurts less. I have been waxing for years so maybe I do not feel as much, I do not even own a razor, . I have tried veet but I get a skin irriation from it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day

Old 07-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

My experiment: To tie my hair down at night

My mother told me that my hair coming out could be from me sleeping so much on my back lately that i just lay there and it rubs out. Ive never thought about that and here i am blaming it on baby.....lol. So The last two nights i have been wrapping it before bed and it stays in tack. I also bought a ceramic hair dryer i dont know the different but my mother says they are better.

I'll keep you updated on how it turns out. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Closed Thread