It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User
March 2009 Moms Part 2

Hazel, I just wanted to say welcome! I have two IVF babies (DS is 5 and DD is 6 months) so I know how strange it feels to be able to say you are on this board instead of the infertility board. I think especially with IVF, you are so nervous during the first trimester, but it'll be over before you know it! Oh, and when your doctor tells you that you need birth control after you have your little bundle, don't assume he's wrong just b/c you have had previous infertility... that's how I'm now with # 3... BIG surprise!

Grace, congratulations on your twins! I'm sorry about your m/s, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Last edited by Mod08; 07-24-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: March 2009 Moms!

Welcome everyone!

Hazel, I have to agree with Viktorria on the surprise thing. We opted also not to do birth control (I just had decided I'm not doing any more hormonal stuff is all) and figured it wouldn't happen anyway, due to past IF issues (I have a luteal phase defect, multiple hormone deficiencies and an "irritable cervix"). But something must've worked right, cuz now we are expecting little bundle #2! Anyway, bask in the feeling of being pregnant!! It's really happening! So happy for you.

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

March Mommies Due Dates

GraceAnne2009 - 3/2..................twins
blue_eyed_girl - 3/4....................
Viktorria - 3/7............................
courtenaynt - 3/9.......................
chelsea345 - 3/10.......................
mmmcoffee - 3/11.......................
Hazel 74 - 3/12..........................
quibby84 - 3/15..........................
Heyknack - 3/16.........................
Tear Drop - 3/20.........................
GreenFrog - 3/20.........................
bunny9987 - 3/21........................
hunnybunny09 - 3/26...................

Feel free to make any changes/updates/corrections/additions. Simply copy the text, paste the text in a new post, and make changes. Congratulations

Old 07-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Thanks for your lovely welcomes

Quibby - you made me laugh!!! celebrity indeed You asked about my symptoms - I don't have that many - sore boobs, fatigue and some queasiness off and on but have not thrown up at all, just feel queasy off and on. Oh and much more CM (sorry TMI) than ever before. I also have some bloating that gets worse in the evenings. Overall, not to bad You teach kids?! - that must be exhausting! I have a desk bound job (with occasional outside meetings) and its all I can do to get through the day sometimes.

Vik, Heyknack - so interesting that you both conceived naturally after IF issues before! congratulations! I can imagine the surprise!!!!!!!!!

Grace - congrats on the twins enjoy the VIP treatment from DH

12 weeks cannot be here soon enough, can it??? I am just glad I at least got an u/s already and another one in 2 weeks time... I know a lot of March mommies have still a ways to wait for their u/s, that must be hard.

Have a great day ladies! "see you" soon,
Love,
H

Last edited by Hazel 74; 07-24-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
(female)

Green Frog HB User

Hi Hazel!
Congratulations on your BFP! I read your story and am so excited for you. I am having to wait 4 more weeks to see my ob, and it seems like FOREVER! I am hoping for an u/s then, but not sure if I will get one or not. We've decided to wait until my dr.'s appt. to tell friends and family and I can't hardly keep it in!

Is anyone starting to have the pooched out tummy? I don't know if it is the bloating or what but I have already had to buy a couple of pairs of pants a size larger to accommodate the flabby belly pooch. There are a couple of ladies at work who are due in Oct. and Nov. and they have such cute little tummies. I am so excited to spread my news! I can't hardly concentrate on work at all these days.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
(female)

quibby84 HB User

Like I said before..with the birth rate so low in Japan, yall should move here..I am only 7 weeks and have had two ultrasounds (one again next week)..I guess they are bored. Yes, I teach...today I had 8 4 year olds (one of my 4 classes) that do not speak English...good thing my husband was there to help because I wasnt feeling to hot...
I am pretty sure that we saw the heartbeat (not so good at understand all that they say)...it was a pulsating tiny spot on the screen in the middle of the sack. Have any of you seen this before? I think that their machinery is kind of old to...we couldnt pick up the sound, the doctor said it was to early...but I know its possible..I mean I could see it, why couldnt I hear it? I am pretty sure that its old...it looks like ultrasound pics that my mom had of me..haha.
By the way, I feel like my stomach is fatter...which isnt good because I dont want to tell my work for another month...guess they will have to think that I am getting fat.
But one bad thing is that in Japan they have this thing called "naked bath" (well thats what I call it)...I hate it! They take a bath together, no clothes, no stalls, just water coming out of the walls to wash with. Next week we have summer english camp for two nights and I may have to use it (with the other skinny no boobed japanese teachers)...and I am so embarressed of my new preg. boobs...ugly! Ugh...anyways, maybe I can go three days without a bath?
hehe

Old 07-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
(female)

GraceAnne2009 HB User

Quibby--Don't worry, my u/s was exactly the same. Just the visual pulsating light of a heart beat, no sound yet (and the facility I'm going to is pretty top-notch). At least you're getting some extra special attention. Sorry about those darn showers!

GreenFrog--I think I've got a little tummy going now, but I can't decide if it's the twins or just the fact that eating all the time is the only thing that gives me enough energy to get through the day. I'm not sure if any of you have this, but for me I start feeling really awful if I don't eat something every couple of hours. While it can be challenging to find food I can stomach, I feel much better after I eat (and digest a little).

Are you ladies reading any good pregnancy books or doing any shopping yet?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Greenfrog - yes, I am so excited!!... but it still has not sunk in... I guess I will feel calmer after the first trimester. The wait for the ob appt seems endless isn't it?? We too decided to only tell immediate family for now and that too we waited for the first appt and u/s... but it is hard to keep it in I have a 'pooched out' tummy too! - first from all the IF meds and bloating and now from just bloating I guess... I also had to get a couple of new pants. Wanted to buy maternity stuff but cannot afford to have people at work guess as yet

Quibby - same as GraceAnn, even though our clinic has the latest technology what we saw is exactly how you described!! good luck with your camping next week.

GraceAnne - Its great that you're eating well. I have just NO apetite whatsoever, and the "just below the radar" queasiness prevents me from wanting anything. I am eating 3 meals a day but out of sheer will power and because I need to eat. Re. books, my SIL recommended 'what to expect when you're expecting' but I think I will only buy it after my first trimester... still too nervous to read Are your twins identical or fraternal?

Have a great upcoming week ladies!
Love,
H

Last edited by Hazel 74; 07-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:31 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hazel, I am sorry that you are feeling queesy but take it as a good sign that your beanie is snuggling in tight for a long stay. I hope it passes soon. I am glad that you are managing 3 meals a day. In my first few weeks I only managed 2 due to the neausea.
As for the book what to expect when you are expecting it is brilliant. I bought it and it has alot of info from conception to birth and hpe you will feel each month. It is definatley worth getting.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
Char

Old 07-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Wow, congrats and welcome to all the mommies. I have been out of town and it looks like I miss a lot!

My doctor gave me a prescription for the morning sickness and it works wonders! I actually feel more like myself and people have commented that I have more color. However, drousiness is a side effect so I am even more tired than usual. I would rather be tired than sick, though.

I have a pooch, too. People keep telling me it is because you show sooner with the second one. I think it is because I eat a lot to keep from starving to death.

I have my second appointment next Monday. I am hoping to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I will be 9 weeks and 5 days.

Quibby--good luck with the naked bath thing!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hazel, yes the poochiness that has likely been accelerated due to the ivf cycle will likely not subside. But lemme tell you... it's a good thing to look pregnant a little earlier than average... it's amazing how nice people are to you when they see you are pregnant! It eludes a lot of smiles and it sure feels good, esp after trying for so long! Hope the queasiness gets better for you and not worse. It does seem that a lot of prior ivfers were spared m/s. And I can confirm that even without m/s, it is hard to have a good appetite the first 9 weeks or so. Alright my friend, hope you are well.

Best wishes to all other March mommies!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Greenfrog, I have a belly already too. With my first, I didn't show at all until I was 5 months. Then with my 7 month old, I showed right around 12 weeks... seems like it gets earlier with each pregnancy!

I have another u/s on Wednesday, and I'm excited b/c I have no pregnancy symptoms (other than the preggo belly) so it's always good to be reassurred that everything is ok.

I'm kind of freaked out though - I had a pap smear come back abnormal. Last week they did a procedure where they "paint" your cervix and look at it under a microscope. They found something that they want to biopsy but want me to wait b/c of the pregnancy. I'm really freaked out and looking forward to talking to my OB again. I have a list of questions this time, since when they told me I was way too upset to think calmly. Hopefully I'll feel more reassurred.

Quibby, according to my OB, recent studies suggest that you should not listen to the heartbeat prior to 12 weeks b/c it can increase the risk of miscarriage. I'm not sure how confident they are that its accurate, but its definitely something that my dr considers. So, they may have intentionally omitted the sound.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

hey everyone, just checking in to say hello. How's everyone feeling? I am a little nausea. some indigestion as well. My first ultrasound is fri. can't wait!

mel

Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

I haven't worn regular jeans in ages either. I'm into the stretchy pants with elastic waists. Bought a new bra too....needed the extra room

REMOVED

Have any of you had MAJOR mood swings? I go from EVIL one minute, to sad then to almost tears. I'm driving myself and my family crazy. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen? It's like PMS only tons worse. You can feel the mood coming on, but there's no stopping it. Is this the 'pregnancy insanity" I've read about? Does it go away eventually? Maybe after my next appt, and I have another US, I'll feel better. At 9 wks, it will look different. Maybe then more reality will set in. It's almost like it's not even real sometimes. Then the moods kick in. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. It's going to be a LONG 10mos unless I can get a hold of these moods. ANy suggestions? Does the moodiness go away? Thanks for your help and info!

---mmmcoffee

Last edited by Mod08; 07-29-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Please do not comment about moderations - it is a reason to be banned.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Coffee...the moods should get better once the hormones start to balance out. This usually happens around the second trimester. I've only had one episode so far (knock on wood). I don't know how to control them.

Closed Thread