It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

scabbyneutron HB User
odd swelling in the hands

Hi, guys

I am coming up on 30 wks and i have two lumps on either side of my thumbs, it on the top of my hand right next to my thumb. One side is worse than another. I would say it's slighty bigger than a cherry.

my dr is on vacation and his partner told me he never saw anything like it. They checked the baby's heartbeat and it was fine. My blood pressure was fine too. He referred me to an orthopedist.

I havent had much swelling with this pregnancy. I have had slight swelling with my feet and my fingers but that's it.

In the last week i would say ive had a cough, little bit of congestion, some ear pressure and a little short of breath. Dont know if any of this can be related.

Please any Advice? Im so nervous.

Last edited by scabbyneutron; 07-25-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: odd swelling in the hands

at least you know its not from high blood pressure which could be preeclampsia and that its not hurting the baby that should make you feel a little better. i dont really know what it could be. can you drain it? maybe its some kind of cyst or something bit you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: odd swelling in the hands

My neighbor (not pregnant) has a really weird, really large cyst on her wrist near her thumb. They can drain it, but it just fills back up and looks huge again. Her only option is surgery, which she doesn't want to do due to some work commitments.

I would recommend that your doctor refer you to a hand orthopod to get it evaluated. There may be nothing you can do while preggers, but at least you'll have peace of mind.

Closed Thread