It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
sugar testing...please help asap

im supposed to check my sugar 2 hrs after every meal. well i did this 2 hrs after dinner and it was 147. its supposed to be 120. i did it again a half hour later and it was 89. im between that 2 hr and 2.5 hr period i get real hot and dizzy. is it bad that it drops so fast like that instead of gradually over the 2 hr period like its supposed to? i dont really know what to do about it

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: sugar testing...please help asap

I am not sure about sugar testing, but I would definatley ask your dr about it. If you are not feeling well then Iwould contact your hospital if your dr is not available to find out what is going on.

I hope you get some help.
Charlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
(female)

uma_anne HB User

What you're describing sounds like hypoglycemia - the rapid drop in your blood sugar levels that have lead to the symptoms you're describing. I'm not sure if your hypoglycemia is related to undiagnosed diabetes (although I'm assuming you're testing your sugars for a reason) or other underlying issues. But you should definitely discuss this with your doctor since it can lead to fainting. I have heard that small frequent snacks can help, but again, definitely discuss this with your dr.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Maybe you should post in the diabetes forum -- I'm sure that some of the folks over there would be able to help you better. Good luck!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
(female)

DiscoChick HB User
Wink Re: sugar testing...please help asap

I am diabetic. 147 ia actually a good/decent number compared to what it could be ("especially when you're eating for two" or so my doctor says). The drop is normal during pregnancy. Mine does that... I also have the extreme urge to eat everything in sight every 2-3 hours. LOL Don't starve yourself and make sure you buy glucose tablets! Those are a must. Oh and don't stress so much over your sugar because that can make it go up too high. And your "shaking, sweating" bouts are signs of hypoglycemia. Be careful! If your sugar gets too low you could pass out or worse go into a diabetic coma. I've been diabetic for over 2 years now(it's very strong in my family. So, I wasn't surprised.) Just don't stress about it. Don't make yourself feel as if it's a chore. Be relaxed for yours and your baby's sake. Oh, and remember those glucose tablets. I like the grape kind best, but the strawberry are just as good. Not a fan of cherry though...

Closed Thread