It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

nerdo HB User
Post PPG back pain....

Has anyone with a spinal epidural for c-section had any recurring back pain? Mine covers from around the bra line all the way down my back. It comes and goes in terms of severity and in terms of locale. Holding the baby for even a short period of time can be excruciating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: Post PPG back pain....

Well I can't say that I've had this because this is my first pregnancy. I do know quite a few ladies who have mentioned this. If you haven't already talked to your doctor you should do that. Maybe he can refer you to someone about your back. I've heard this happening more often than not actually so it must be some sort of side effect. I'm not sure if/when this goes away. I do know that my sister still has pain in her belly in the scar area from her c-section. Little things like that come and go. I hope you figure this out and I wish you the best =) It must be awful to not be able to hold your little one without so much pain. I'm sorry you have to deal with that =(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

You should get a referral to an orthopedic surgeon or a neurosurgeon, preferably someone who specializes in spines. It may just be coincidental, but it sounds like maybe you have a slipped or bulging disc. That wouldn't happen from your spinal, though. (I've had 5 rounds of 4 shots each of epidural injections for low back issues, plus it took the anesthesiologist FIVE times to get the spinal in right for my c-section.)

Old 07-28-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I never had pain with my epidural, but did have recurring numbness for quite a while. It went from the site where the epidural was inserted and down my leg into my foot on the left side. It sort of freaked me out a little bit but it ended up going away. I'd say though if you are having pain then I'd call your doctor and have them at least check it out. Good luck!

Closed Thread