It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

leilanbabies HB User
Unhappy Ugh

Hi,
I'm in my third pregnancy and never have i felt so crappy in my life.My teeth hurt so bad and i broke my REMOVED tailbone from a fall down the stairs. My boys are driving me nuts, im having tons of braxton hicks and i am having alot of trouble sleeping. advice anyone?

Last edited by Mod08; 07-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: Ugh

Hi,
I am on my 3rd boy and I am due on Friday.
I really don't know how to break it to you, but from my experience it really doesn't get any better. I am in pain ALL the time. I sleep in a recliner because my hips or pubic bone and or tail bone is so sore 100% of the time that it feels broken with no healing in sight.
I am a very active person -- a horse trainer actually and I could ride up until 30 weeks or so, but since the 3rd trimester, it has been really rough. My Dr. will only allow for Tylenol despite the fact that I can't really function anymore walking, getting up and just about everything.
I am also so swollen now that I can only wear big crocs. Really pretty I must say.
As far as the mental stuff-- that is a tough one too. If you can't sleep well, or feel well in general, it takes a toll. When you have kids already, they know that you are not as much on your game as you once were, so sadly they seem to take advantage and run circles around you. This also causes stress. Then there is the house work that somehow seems to be a 100x harder than it once was, yet in my experience, no one else feels differently, therefore the sympathy for what you are going through is next to nothing. That also causes a ton of stress. For me, it is like "OK, let me get this right, I am supposed to do everything I did before, plus gestate another human while feeling like several bones are broken or breaking with no sleep for what equates to months on end....?????" Hummm... may be easier to join the circus and try to tight rope walk with steaks all over me through a lions den covered in honey with a hive of mad bees out for revenge.

But like I said, I am due on Friday. So somehow I have made it this far. One day at a time. If you look at the whole thing, pregnancy, newborn, infant, all that all at once, Sheesh just put me in the pretty white jacket now.
Make your needs known rationally. Write them down, express them often. Take time for your self; spend time with each of your kidís one on one. Explain your position, how you feel, do the same to your hubby.
Ask for help. Plan for friends or relatives to help you with the house or take the kids for a couple of days and/or evenings. Not just when the baby comes, NOW. Don't forget that you are a human, you are MAKING another human and reminding those around you that everyone needs to adjust to that fact...it isn't business as usual.
That was/is my biggest mistake. I should have made my needs then and now known more clearly because now my family looks at me like I am crazy when I start weeping from the pain and pressure mentally and physically.

You will make it. It will all be O.K. Just don't loose yourself......
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
(female)

leilanbabies HB User
Re: Ugh

Thank you so much for your input! I really needed someoe besides my hubby totell me it's ok!

Closed Thread