It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
depressed and stressed

i went to the dietician on friday and they started me on a meal plan and are having me check my blood sugar 4 times a day. well it still isnt staying where it should. sometimes its in the range and sometimes its too high. im so stressed out. im dizzy all the time from spiking up then dropping back down. i get really hot and can feel the blood pumping through my head. i know its not my fault but i mean i kinda cant help but feeling guilty that i could be hurting my baby. im doing everything i can. i follow that meal plan EXACTLY like they said and i check my sugar at the 4 times they said too sometimes even more if it isnt where it should be. i have to go to the endocrinologist on thursday to see what he wants to do about it. im so scared that somethings gonna happen to the baby. when i asked the nurse on the phone if this is hurting him they just kind of beat around the bush and said just to talk to the dr at my appt. i dont want to be put in the hospital or anything but it almost seems like that would be easier if i was that way they could keep me regulated and keep a close watch on the baby that way if something did start to happen to him they would know right away and i would already be there for them to help him. im only 32 wks so i know he cant come out yet but im just so ready for him to hit the mark where he can come safely so i dont have to worry about hurting him anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User
Re: depressed and stressed

I know it's hard, but try not to stress too much. Just eat like you are supposed to and keep checking your sugar. I had a much milder version of GD, but the only consequence I had was a 9 lb 7 oz baby (she was not diabetic, just big).

I'm sure the baby will be just fine!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: depressed and stressed

I agree, try not to stress out. Although I do not have GD, I've definitely had my share of problems throughout both of my pregnancies. While it can be worriesome, you just have to do your best and think positively and be happy that your baby is healthy. Good luck. I hope you can get things to where you feel a little less stressed!

Closed Thread