It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

Destiny79 HB User
Have my waters broken?

Have my waters broken?

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and i'm really not sure if my waters have just broken or not? I felt like i'd just wet myself a bit so went to the toilet and sorted myself out, then 5 mins later it happened again, then half hour later, again. I'm not sure if bubs is just pushing down on my bladder or something and making me incontinent or if it's my waters breaking? I am getting small period like pain as well but i had that the other week so not sure if it's just coincidence. It's not mega painful just like period pain. I've now had to put a maternity pad on as i keep peeing myself, i just can't help it. But is it wee or waters breaking? How can i tell? Had a midwife appointment yesterday and bubs has only just started to engage, only the top part of his head is in so it's not like he's ready to come or anything i wouldn't have thought. Advice? My partner thinks i'm imagining it and trying to force on labour which isn't helping me feel better!! I'm actually rather scared now. Is this labour?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User
Re: Have my waters broken?

It sounds to me like you're going into labor and you water is slowly leaking rather than gushing. The best thing to do is call your midwife. It is definitely possible for your little one to be coming regardless of his position yesterday...a lot can happen in that amount of time. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Well..my OB told me to watch out for this because sometimes the waters don't just gush out in one big puddle, but leak in a slower fashion. I would advise you getting that checked out asap.

Incidentally, they also told me that if you are unsure if it is urine or amniotic fluid to sniff it (lovely image there, lol) and if it smells sweet it is amniotic fluid, otherwise it will probably smell like wee...lol.

Hoping you get to meet baby soon. I think it sounds like you are about a week further on than me.

Hope that helps a little.
H

Old 07-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I believe you are. My water actually began leaking for a weekend and I was extremely active and like a normal person with a belly throughout my pregnancy and that weekend I had "period" cramps. I even remember sitting down while we were at Target because of some back pain too. Over than weekend my underwear were slightly wet, enough to annoy and frusterate me. I knew I wasn't peeing, and then it hit me on Monday when I woke up.....maybe it was my water?! I went into my midwife and she tested the fluids and it was. My water never gushed out, it was a very, very small leak. I checked into the hospital late in the afternoon on that day and about 12 hours later I had my daughter naturally with a midwife.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I was a leaker. It wasn't a sudden gush when mine broke, first I thought I'd wet myself but then it kept happening.

Closed Thread