It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Pain on my right side and location of the baby....

I had a few questions. First off, this is my second pregnancy. I gave birth to my first DD in July 07' and we are now expecting DD number two at the end of September. My first question is, do your babies move from side to side? I guess what I mean is, and it was the same during my first pregnancy....the baby is ALWAYS on my right side. She never goes on my left side at all, nor did my first daugther. Is that weird? I hear of people who say they can watch as the baby moves all the way across their belly from one side to the other. Mine have never done this. Not to say that the baby doesn't move, because she does on a very regular basis, but it's still always on my right side. My other question was, I've been having pain in the location of my ribs on the right side, but it's mostly located towards the back and side, not the front. Is this just the position of where my little girl is hanging out? I know it's not her kicking me, because I've had it almost all of the time for the last few days, even when she is still. It's annoying. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Pain on my right side and location of the baby....

my baby switches what side he wants to be on all the time. sometimes he prefers the left and sometimes hes in the right. the rib pain is something ive had a realllly hard time with. it started around 20 wks. i thought i was having gallbladder problems it hurt so bad and now its to the point where if i even wear a loose bra for too long the pain is just to bad for me to handle. its in the front side and back of my ribs. it is from the rib cage stretching but now i think its worse because he can kick me there too. the muscles in there get all bruised. your dd could have kicked you there once and it can hurt for a few days after. when it starts to hurt real bad lay on your side w/o a bra and stretch both arms in front of you and just lay like that for about 10-15 minutes, probably not easy for you since you have a daughter, but it will usually help the pain go away. im also due at the end of september so just keep thinking its almost done! i have to tell myself that everyday to keep from goin crazy

Last edited by sg1112; 07-30-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Delia mine don't move around very much she is active and kicks like crazy but as far as from side to side flipping and rolling stuff like that NOPE not her. But where she stays her head on my right hip and her feet on the left side she rolls over and faces the front and the rolls and faces the back I can feel all them but the way she is staying is killing my hips, lower back, and pelvic bone is so sore some days I can barely walk ( I look like an old women when I do) She pinches a nerve some how and my right hip feels like I have a knife cutting in the joint and it starts going down my leg.
I went to the dr not long ago because I was hurting in my lower back really bad almost my tailbone they asked if she had been kicking me in my back and I didn't think she had when they checked with an U/S she was facing my back and kicking away I just couldn't feel it when she was doing I just got the after affects of it. So that could be what is going on with you too.

You went to the dr the same day as me the last time to check her growth I go back the 4th when is yours?
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
I honestly don't know. I ended up going in for an appt. early because I had a bladder infection and the nurse practicioner told me that I wouldn't be having any more tests until the normal ones at 36 weeks? But, I know the doctor has told me before specifically that I will be having an ultrasound once a month. My last one was at 28 weeks and I am 31 weeks now. I go back next Tuesday for a regular check and will be 32 weeks, but that would be a month since my last one and they haven't scheduled anything. So, I don't know, I am confused. I am going to bring it up next week though and see what the plan is because I'd like to keep up with the ultrasounds. It makes me feel better to know she is doing ok in there. Make sure to let me know how your next one goes!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Hi Delia I hope you sides are feeling better.

I went to the dr today for my growth check up and she is perfect you can see her chubby little cheeks. She is suppose to weigh 2lbs 2oz well she is
2lbs 9oz. All this time she has been breech so we have already discussed c-sections and all well last night she went crazy and felt like she was trying to get out well today she is head down so they was really happy with the way she is growing and staying ahead of everything. I go back the 28th of this month but they not worried about her anymore. So finally 12 wks left and now I can relax and enjoy this little miracle that I got growing inside me.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
I am so glad to hear that your little girl is doing well! At my 28 week ultrasound our little girl weighed 2 pounds five ounces so she was doing well also. I feel like she is going to be bigger than our first daughter who was born at 6 pounds 11 ounces. I am planning on asking the doctor when I go tomorrow if I will be having anymore ultrasounds but I am thinking if they aren't planning on anymore until week 36 then they must not be worried about her, which is a good thing!!! Only 8 weeks left for me and I have to say, I am ready!!! Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. I think we are both going to be just fine!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Delia, I think no big movements is a good thing because if she is head down, she will probably stay that way. At least that's what they told me about my little guy who is head down & I'm due Oct 7.

As for the pain - you may want to see if you have gallstones. I realized after 9 wks of insane pain that I have them and now I feel sooooooo much better. For me it was easy to self-test. Simply cut out ALL fats from your diet. No milk, cheese, red meat, fried or fatty foods, no ice cream (gasp!), nothing with any fat in it whatsoever. Try that for a week and see if the pain doesnt' go away. I have been practically fat free and pain free for 3 weeks now and it feels like a totally different pregnancy experience! I'm able to enjoy this journey once again!

it was pain on the right side just at my ribs / bra-line. Wouldnt' go away for hours. And I didn't realize it at the time, but it was much worse after I had greasy foods like hamburgers & fries. maybe you don't have gallstones, but it's worth it to do a test.

Closed Thread