It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
foot growth

So, since its been summer, I have been wearing sandals. I go back to work for the school year in a few weeks, so I was making sure all my shoes still fit. Most of them dont. My feet arent even swollen. I'm totally depressed. I have to find 10 or higher now. Not fun. Do feet go back to prepreg size ever?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
Re: foot growth

Funny you should mention this. (I didn't realize how swollen I was until after my delivery. I knew that I had major swelling after the baby. I actually had rolls around my ankles. My dr put me on a Diuretic and I can't (nor my husband) believe how skinny my feet and ankles are now. ) The swelling was definately gradual and the worst after delivery, so don't be surprised if they get even worse. Make sure you blood pressure is ok throughout. I ended up wear sandals the last trimester.
Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

Tiffany13 HB User

If you have swelling that will definitely go away but it is possible that your feet have grown. My mom used to give us kids a hard time about causing her feet to grow out of all of her shoes and I used to think she was just joking but after having ds my feet are in fact a half size bigger, I don't think this is the case with everyone but for me it was. I also where a 91/2-101/2 depending on the brand....I love shoe shopping but I agree that not having your old shoes fit and having to find those sizes is annoying.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Strangely enough I can almost swear my feet have gotten smaller. I mean minus the swollen ankles and feet on my bad days it looks like my feet are shorter than theyve ever been. I've wore a seven since about 13 and sometimes a 71/2 now 6 and 6 1/2 fits the length of my feet fine when they aren't swollen. I don't know whats up with this! It's just so crazy how pregnancy can effect how you grow and what exactly grows or shrinks for that matter!!

Closed Thread