It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
August Mummies (or Mommies) July Thread

Big shout out to Cristy who was in the August club! We are all wishing the best for you and your family, and praying for Izzy to come through her operation well.

How are the rest of you doing?

Hugs from Helen x

Old 07-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
Re: August Mummies (or Mommies) July Thread

Hello!
Yes-- WOO HOO for Christy!

I am now 44 inches around. I am 61 inches tall.
I am bigger around than the height of my 5 year old son.
Awesome.
I started out at 26 inches around just for a point of refrence.
I went on a mini vacation for the 4th. It was in the moutains, not too hot. My kids were totally out of control. I wanted to cry most of the time, but I some how made it through.
My Mom bought me a really nice recliner as I was not able to sleep in my bed any longer. Just laying down is the problem. It is amazing what a good nights rest can do..... I feel like a different person.
I have my strep B test tomorrow with an exam. I have 25 days left. It seems like forever, yet I have so much to do before hand.
I am sure it is going to go by very fast and my little boy will be in my arms soon.
I hope everyone is doing well, best last few weeks to you all!
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

August Mommies Due Dates

nyxin - 8/1..............................boy
jackerstersmom - 8/7................twins boy & girl.....Delivered
1066 - 8/7..............................
mcr285 - 8/8...........................girl
autyhensley2008 - 8/8..............girl
matlulmolly - 8/12....................
sweetpea - 8/23.....................
goldielocks123 - 8/28................
Aurora - 0/00...........................girl
asako - 0/00............................girl
conrad - 0/00...........................
cjdearden - 0/00.......................

Feel free to make any changes/additions/deletions. Simply copy the text, add a new post, paste the text and make changes.
I apologize if I inadvertently omitted your name or made any errors.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

August Mommies Due Dates

Aurora - 8/19...........................girl
asako - 0/00............................girl

Hello all,

Hope everyone is feeling well and getting as much rest as possible...it is hard trying to do that now though because I get such bad sickness if I lie down. Yuck!

I am wishing I knew exactly when my little girl is going to arrive. I am praying she decides to come early by a couple of weeks, but I am probably not that lucky. Nyxin - there are at least big advantages to the fact that you know exactly when your boy is arriving!

I am doing ok I guess. I have finally finished work and am on maternity leave. It is sooner than I had hoped, but due to my heart problems it was for the best really. I also have another kidney infection so that is annoying. I have never had any kind of uti before this pregnancy, now I have had two kidney infections...how irritating!

I just want to have my baby already, lol, I am sure that my pregnancy has gone on for years! Everyone keeps telling me I will miss being pregnant - yes I expect I will, in the way you miss having the flu...looking back with relief that you no longer have it

Anyway, I really hope that all of you are doing ok. And I hope we hear great news from Cristy about how little Izzy is now that she has had her op.

On the home stretch now ladies

Helen x

Last edited by Mod08; 07-09-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
It seems like you and I are the only ones left Aurora!
I would love for my baby to come early as well. I am a bit scared about having a c-section even though I have already had one. But I am looking forward to lying in bed for 5 days with my new baby and being waited on hand and foot.
I am very over being pregnant-- it still seems like a dream though-- I am still shocked that I am having another baby!
Hope everyone out there is doing well!
N
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Nyxin - try to focus on the good points of having your c-section. I understand it will be scary, but you and your baby will be looked after very well. Only a few weeks left for you before you meet him!

I am beginning to think I might have some kind of slight antenatal depression setting in...well, I don't know, maybe it is just that I feel so ill all the time. I just can't seem to get any enthusiasm to do anything anymore. I have to literally write myself a list of things I MUST do every day, and even then I only do half of them before I get too tired to care any more. Maybe it is just cos I feel like a big blob.

I am excited about having my baby girl, but I keep getting worried about whether I will be a rubbish mum. I know how to look after kids, I have no worries that I can deal with her physical needs. I don't worry about bonding with her either, I love babies... I think I just worry that somehow I will mess up and she will grow up and blame me for messing up.

Maybe it is the hormones...roll on August!

Shout out to our AWOL August mummies, we miss you and hope you are all doing ok.

Helen x

Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

congrats to cristy!

asako - 08/5...........................girl
Aurora - 8/19...........................girl

the august mother's have certainly been MIA...so have i for "reasons" lol...

im doing well. i am so so so so so tired...just counting the days. the aches and pains of pregnancy are magnified on a daily basis but im hanging in there. not ready to give birth yet...im hoping i make it til the very end!

hope everyone is doing well...

Last edited by Mod08; 07-09-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Hey August mummies - can I ask some advice please? I have been feeling unwell all day today, but been struggling to carry on with a much needed clean-through of my house. Anyway, my question is this - what are the signs that labour is imminent in your experience? I know most of the August mummies are experienced so I really value your opinions. The reason I ask is that I have had really bad tummy cramps and back cramps a large part of the day, lots of tummy tightening/Braxton Hicks, and 'loose' stools (sorry tmi but I had to ask).

I did have a couple of scares early in the pregnancy when I went into pre-term labour but that kind of happened a bit suddenly and was intense straight out. This just feels like the period from hell but nothing has stopped it so far - even having a nap, or going for a walk.

I don't think it is a result of my kidney infection because I finish my prescription for that tomorrow so I would guess that that is pretty much cleared up now. Plus, this is not like the symptoms I got with that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hope you are all well and hanging on in there.

Helen x

Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Aurora,

Probably not a lot of good I am going to do by giving you a reply this late, but I hope you are OK. WHat you described sounds like the beginning of labor and if you are feeling that poorly and that different you should call ASAP.
Thinking about you!

Please post a reply if you can-- I have a Dr. appt this AM, but will check back when I can.
N
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Nyxin - Hope your dr appt went ok today.

Thanks for replying. My ob is on holiday, so I couldn't see her. I did get to see a midwife who checked me over quickly and said that she thinks baby is planning on making a move soon. Some of the pain has worn off now, however, but DD is apparently engaged now and my bump has definitely 'dropped'. She hooked me up for a few minutes to check the strength of the contractions, but because they were not coming every 3 minutes I have been told to come home and wait....

I feel a little uneasy to be honest, I think I would have felt better had I seen my ob because she knows all about my medical history and wanted me treated as high risk even during labour.

Having said that though, the pain has eased some, so maybe I have a few days left before it really kicks off for good. Maybe DD is just teasing me.

Hope you are all ok at your end.

Helen x

Old 07-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

REMOVED

anyhow, i hope that you are doing well helen....any word?

although most of the august moms have been MIA, wishing you all a happy last leg of pregnancy and a smooth labor and delivery...i probably won't be around much after this...gonna concentrate on spending quality family time before the newest addition arrives!

Last edited by Mod08; 07-14-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Do not comment on moderator actions.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi there-- if any Aug Mommies are still reading.

I have 10 days before my baby will be here. However I feel very VERY aggitated, swollen, uncomfortable and ready NOW. I have to have a c-section, but if I go into labor now they will do an emergency one. I am trying to will the labor to start. I realize I am sounding so whiney, but I may just be the most uncomfortable person ever right now. I know many women are having a much more complicated pregnancy and I realize I am blessed for having this baby. I really do. But mentally I am screaming inside to get my body back. I am sure there are a couple of people that can relate. I hope.
Please send some good thoughts my way and I hope everyone is doing well.
N
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

N - I am so sending good thoughts your way, and I totally understand the screaming inside to get your body back. I am a total mess just now, and after going into early labour and dilating slightly over a week ago, everything has now come to a standstill.
I want to meet my baby and I NEED to start getting my body to a shape I can handle mentally. I want to just open a zip and get my daughter out now, lol.

Hoping you can hang in there a few more days and then deliver in a calm and collected planned c-section, rather than an emergency one.

Wishing all the August mummies a lot of luck for their upcoming deliveries and hoping you are all ok.

Hugs from Helen x

Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Nyxin - I just wanted to be sure you got to read this in time:-

I will be thinking of you on 1st August and wishing you a quick and easy c-section and a very happy first meeting with your new son. If you get the chance to update us at some point after his arrival I will be looking forward to hearing about how well it went.

I am sure that you are sooo looking forward to getting through this now. I know I am just so impatient to deliver my girl and getting my body back!

Hope the other August mummies are doing ok. It is almost our month now!

Good Luck everyone.

Helen x

Old 07-28-2008, 05:28 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Aurora,
Thank you for thinking of me. Yes, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to have his baby.

However, it seems like the glue that was holding my life together is falling apart. I have had to continue working 10 days past where I wanted to because of things at my barn were so unstable with personnel and our moving plans are on hold until after the baby comes, which has Hubby all in knots. (He is on his last thread too)
My kids, now 3 and 5 have been out of school since the beginning of June and are now what I would say is feral.

I feel like my life is a big opera of sorts and this is the crescendo about to hit......

Some how I have gotten the opportunity to get all the baby stuff back together and get it all washed and ready. Canít wait to meet my baby.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread