It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

Katie613 HB User
High risk

This is my first pregnancy, im 6 weeks, due March 27th. My endocrinologist wants me to see a high risk OB because of my thyroid problems....they are still trying to figure out why my thyroid hormone levels are high but my TSH normal. Im really worried now.Basically they need to figure out why my thyroid hormone levels are elevated so they can get them down because its not good to have them elevated while pregnant. Ive been dealing with this since i was 8 years old but was always told i had an overactive thyroid though my Thyroid stimulating hormone was normal and it should be high with overactive thyroid. I went to a new endo this past june and she couldn't believe they just kept telling my i was hyperthyroid. She has really been great, she told me she will figure out what is going on no matter what...its just stressful not knowing what is wrong with me.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: High risk

Well, first off, congratulations!

As for the rest of it... it sounds like you have the appropriate medical team following you. Maybe it would make you feel better to get a second opinion from a different endocrinologist? At least then you'd know if they were on the same page or if someone else has some different ideas as to what's going on with your thyroid levels.

On the positive side, you'll probably get lots of extra pictures of your baby since they'll want to follow growth patterns closely.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I actually miscarried because of an undiagnosed thyroid disease. The antibody levels were over 1000, and they should have been no more than 35. Once I started the synthroid, my levels all went back down. My endo and OB keep a close eye on me, but everything is perfect so far. I am 22 wks along, and my boy is growing right on track (a little bigger actually) If you have not had your antibodies checked, I would do that first. Good luck!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

amanda26 HB User

Congratulations on the baby!! I just want to add that my sister in law had thyroid problems for years. Her regular dr kept telling her that there was absolutely nothing wrong because her TSH was fine and it didn't matter what other numbers said. Thank goodness her OB-GYN measured her neck 2 years in a row a noticed a much bigger size and she sought help from an endocrinologist. She is doing much better, but I just wanted to say that I am glad they aren't trying to tell you the same thing. By the way she had this problem off and on throughout 3 pregnancies. She wasn't being treated then and all 3 of her kids are healthy. I know that may be different for everyone, but I hope it helps, and I hope you get the right treatment. Also, have you browsed around on the thyriod board. There are lots of women on there and some before had talked about how many kids they have and stuff. They would also be able to help you read your numbers. Good luck and have a healthy & happy 9 months!

Closed Thread